Dynadot

Sedo blocked my domains (SEM ALT/ ranking-analytics.com bots fake traffic)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandVenue

BrandVenue.comEstablished Member
Impact
Hi, does anybody had this problem? Seems Sedo has blocked my domains to be parked with them. All my domains are now showing "Services for this domain have been discontinued" message.

After contacting with Sedo they have replied me with email, claiming that my domains were receiving fake traffics. Email says "Other forms of traffic, whether incentivized, purchased, or created by any artificial means, are not tolerated." Even though they didn't ban me completely, I can still sell domains as per their email. But I wonder how I'm going to sell domains if any interested person enter url and see "Services for this domain have been discontinued" message? Most of the time I contact potential buyers to visit the url and place bit. Now what am I going to do? tell them visit sedo.com, search my domain there and then enter bid?

I use Sedo for mainly domain selling platform, never had any parking revenue so far. If I had significant amount of parking revenue or fraud clicks this would justify the reason for blocking my domains. And I NEVER EVER incentivized, purchased, or created by any artificial means.

When I analyze traffic details most of them were from Semalt.com (rankings-analytics.com) , and Brazil. Even some hand regged domains were receiving average 4/5 traffic per day I wonder where those bots get my domain address.

But above all, this spam/bot issue was supposed to taken care by sedo, they provide a platform which they should make bot and spam free. I have no control over Semalt.com / rankings-analytics.com bots.

Can anybody please help me in this issue? What can I do now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just wanted to reply with this:
Its highly unbelievable Sedo blocked you due to the spam from Brasil. There are just 2 possibilities actually.
1. You sent out links in emails to lead to your PARKED page and NOT the offer page. This traffic coming from emails or msges, counts towards unnatural traffic. Furthermore if you spammed peoples email boxes, maybe someone reported you to Sedo.
2. You got tired of getting 0.00 USD parking revenue.

•••
I've added a space between "sem" and "alt" in the title of this thread because many firewalls block traffic with a referrer containing the word "semalt". It's a signature of Semalt's notorious botnet. Sounds like you know exactly what I'm talking about from experience. ;) When someone searches a domain on Semalt's website, Semalt aggressively crawls the domain with their botnet, without any regard for the wellbeing of the website. It puts a lot of strain on the servers hosting the website and can easily take down most. I'm sure Sedo wasn't happy about what looked to them like a DDoS attack.

If Sedo's still willing to talk to you, refer them to this post. I can provide more details about Semalt's disgraceful tactics if they have any questions. Here's an article I quickly got from Google: https://www.incapsula.com/blog/semalt-botnet-spam.html The facts in that article to line up with what I've seen. For example, they do have a Qt developer listed on their staff, and it doesn't make any sense to have a Qt developer for web development.

As far as I know, Semalt doesn't sell traffic; that's just an unfortunate side effect of their SEO analysis tool. They do sell SEO services, but those aren't related to the traffic.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. I wonder where they have found my domains, I never searched one single of my domains at semalt or any other seo sites. Never ever because what's the point of searching a domain for seo? even I have seen some hand regged domains of mine were getting this bot traffic from Brazil with referrer link ranking-analytics.com. Why would anyone on earth check seo stats on semalt or any other seo sites for a hand regged domain? Maybe semalt has bots to crawl parked domains, domains for sell etc, I don't know.

Sedo replied me yesterday telling that it's not possible to re-active my parking account. I suppose they wouldn't bother about it now even if I refer them to this thread. It seems it has only happened to me as no other users have replied here.

•••
I just wanted to reply with this:
Its highly unbelievable Sedo blocked you due to the spam from Brasil. There are just 2 possibilities actually.
1. You sent out links in emails to lead to your PARKED page and NOT the offer page. This traffic coming from emails or msges, counts towards unnatural traffic. Furthermore if you spammed peoples email boxes, maybe someone reported you to Sedo.
2. You got tired of getting 0.00 USD parking revenue.

I think you were writing this to my thread but instead posted here for cloudflare problem.

Parking revenue is not my concern at sedo, as I stated clearly in my post that I use sedo only as a platform for selling my domains. Maybe you are happy with like $50/month parking revenues from 500 domains but my target is higher. I sell my domains from XXX to X,XXX range to the potential buyers. Yes I email the potential buyers but I never ever include any url. I write domains as domain.com so the buyer can copy it or maybe write it himself to go to domain page and see that domain is for sale. It's normally considered as type-in traffic. If someone reported to sedo, why can I still sell the domain (they have just blocked parking account)? Furthermore Sedo clearly stated the reason for blocking my parking account and it was due to "traffic from unnatural source"

Maybe you can give me some tips on how to earn high figure from parking (your signature says you teach that), I assume you are earning very high figure from domain parking. I wish you good luck, and please don't comment just if feel like you have to say something without having enough knowledge about it.

•••
Sorry, to hear, but I am 100% sure they didnt blocked your account because of bot traffic from Brasil. We ALL get that. It had to be another reason they blocked it.

•••
I too got traffic from Brazil ..but they didn't ban my domain

•••
Sorry, to hear, but I am 100% sure they didnt blocked your account because of bot traffic from Brasil. We ALL get that. It had to be another reason they blocked it.

How can YOU be 100% sure? Where sedo themselves told me that the reason is unnatural traffics. And only unnatural traffics I see at traffic details for each domains are from 70-80% traffic from Brazil coming with a referrer link ranking-analytics.com

As I've already said it in post, I don't aim for parking revenue. I am over 100% sure that I never did anything like their email says (traffic incentivized, purchased, or created by any artificial means). So there are no other reason I could find other than this bot traffics.

I too got traffic from Brazil ..but they didn't ban my domain

At first I didn't give it any thought when I found this brazil traffic on my domains. But now they've blocked my domains I find no reason other than this. One way or another, this traffic from Brazil is not natural so they could block anyone anytime.

if I were you after this experience, I would contact sedo and ask
""Hi, I am receiving this 70%-80% traffic from Brazil on my domains which I don't know how or where from, is there any reason my parking account going to be blocked due to this? Because your terms and conditions says that you have right to block my parking account if there are unnatural traffics, and I am sure this traffic from Brazil is not natural. So please give me a clarification about it and how can I stop getting it?""

I think everyone with this Brazil traffic problem should contact Sedo and ask for clarification just to stay safe because it's better to be safe than sorry after losing parking account.

•••
BTW why traffic from Brazil not counted as good traffic anyone....???

•••
BTW why traffic from Brazil not counted as good traffic anyone....???
I think it's not Brazil issue. If you are getting normal users visiting your site from Brazil that's ok.

But when 70-80% visits are coming from Brazil with referral link
ranking-analytics.com/try.php those are automated bot traffics from a seo company semalt.

At least in my case I can't seem to find any reason other than this bot traffics to block my domains at sedo.

•••
Here you have a reason, why I am convinced that the bot traffic wasnt a reason for you being blocked. There are hundreds of thousands of domainers, BUT it seems you are the only specimen who got "Blocked due to spam traffic". Maybe you sent out links to promote your PARKED domains for sale. Thats actually not allowed, furthermore if you were sending emails looking for offers for some of your domains, could be that somebody reported you to Sedo for Spam and abuse.

•••
Here you have a reason, why I am convinced that the bot traffic wasnt a reason for you being blocked. There are hundreds of thousands of domainers, BUT it seems you are the only specimen who got "Blocked due to spam traffic". Maybe you sent out links to promote your PARKED domains for sale. Thats actually not allowed, furthermore if you were sending emails looking for offers for some of your domains, could be that somebody reported you to Sedo for Spam and abuse.

I think you didn't read my reply on namepros.com/threads/cloudflare-blocking-members.900063/#post-5167814

•••
I think you didn't read my reply on namepros.com/threads/cloudflare-blocking-members.900063/#post-5167814

I think you didint read correctly the email from Sedo.com, nobody said that your blocked account is due to bot traffic from Brasil. or am i missing something? It was a general answer, it was you who concluded it was because of the rankings-analytics.com. I guess your assumptions are wrong, and those 2 issues appeared independent.

•••
I think you didint read correctly the email from Sedo.com, nobody said that your blocked account is due to bot traffic from Brasil. or am i missing something? It was a general answer, it was you who concluded it was because of the rankings-analytics.com. I guess your assumptions are wrong, and those 2 issues appeared independent.
Sedo email clearly said that it was because of unnatural traffic. And there was over 70% traffic from ranking-analytics.com so it is safe to conclude who is culprit here.

•••
You know, i've seen a lot of strange things happening lately. I will not go into detail about it but I honestly think "BIG G" is up to no good. This is just my opinion but only time will tell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back