Dynadot

Search Engine Ranking Tricks?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Anybody have any secrets or tricks for Google?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Get listed in DMOZ.org or have someone link to your site.

•••
Have the PR5 people link your site. THen you will generate big traffic.

•••
Not anymore, google have changed alot of things in the last dance.

•••
Google has changed there entire ranking methodology and there is a rumor that they will be dumping Dmoz...

•••
I found out that having a domain selling site and listing your domains there gets good result :) Mentioning your site in forums will also put it in the search results.

Best way of course is to have PR5/PR6 sites link to yours.

•••
Sorry, can i ask as a newbie what is PR5? and Dmoz?

•••
I think PR5 and PR6 refer to Google's "page rank," which gives a sites relative Google importance. For example, CNN's page has a PR of 9. My site (in my sig) has a 4 ranking. To see the PR, you'll need the google toolbar installed in your browser. Getting a link to your site on a high PR site makes you highly visible to the Googlebot, which does the indexing for Google.

The DMOZ is the Open Directory Project. I don't know much about it, but it's a huge list of categories with various related sites.

Any of the NP veterans, please correct if any of this is incorrect.

Mike

•••
pay a million people a dollar to put a link on their site to your site, and you might end up in the first possition

•••
Originally posted by Tekim
pay a million people a dollar to put a link on their site to your site, and you might end up in the first possition
Thanks for that. :lol:

Don't forget that time is also a good factor.

•••
content. content.. content..
with worthy sites linking too you..
and you will do well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back