Dynadot

Scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
In the last week, I've received e-mail from two separate sources expressing interest in two different domain names I own. Except for the name of the sender and company used in the letters, the letters are exactly the same. The first guy, Robert Montoya, was very good. I actually sent him an appraisal of a name. After receiving the second letter, I forwarded it to Montoya and asked what was going on; I received no reply. It seems like a scam to me, but I can't figure how it works. Has anyone else had this problem? (One letter is below. The first used ToughGuys Software Consulting & Development as his company...same CEO/Ph.D. stuff.)
----------------------------
To Whom It May Concern,

I'm interested in your domain name listed for sale.

Can you drop me your desired price?

If I can afford it I'll reply.

By the way, did you receive offers from other buyers?

I run a software development company. Selling & buying names is not my main
business. Just another way to invest money and make additional income.

Please keep our correspondence confidential.

Best regards,

Keith Henson

Ph. D. President

TNT Solutions

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
You are correct; I should have searched first. Didn't see the small window up top.

One of the entries in the link you provided said part of the scam was to get people to use their appaisal site. A search further confirmed this. Is this for sure? Is allfordomains.com part of the scam? They say not, but how can this be checked?

•••
Ha...TNT Solutions? They sure do have interesting company names.

•••
I got one a while ago, it is actually a manual reply which is worring... sad people these days will do any thing to get money out of you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back