NameSilo

opinion Say Goodbye to Any Kind of Domaining Privacy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Companies like Escrow.com obviously hate increasing bureaucracy but are continuously forced to and this is only the beginning in my opinion. Registrars will most likely soon follow suit and it’s probably only a matter of time until you can kiss features such as whois privacy goodbye.
Perhaps you think this is way too much. So do I but it doesn’t matter. Perhaps you feel it’s unfair to be treated like a criminal everywhere you go despite never committing a crime. So do I but again, it doesn’t matter. Since 9/11, the trend has been clear: a continuous reduction of privacy in the name of law enforcement.
I think it’s only a matter of time until GoDaddy and other registrars will be required to collect the same information. Hosting companies as well most likely...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Modern technology is bringing mobile and baseless communication to the world. We have mobile phones, Bitcoin, free WiFi, offgrid power generation and domain names as addresses. It's obvious that the authorities are becoming uncomfortable with this,

How are they going to deal with the increasing numbers of boat and campervan dwellers? People are starting to choose this as a lifestyle, and such homes can cost £100,000 to over £1million, so it isn't a shortage of funds.

•••
Human will eventually be kept in a container, only need to provide the activity of brain cells.We eventually become a slave to the virtual world.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back