NameSilo

Rssmini test and question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ene

Established Member
Impact
Tonight I downloaded and am testing out the RSSMini Folder product. It seems pretty good for a parking page.

Here my question.....how can I make money on that page other than by just the google adsense or text links or whatever? Can I control what shows on that page and if so, how?

Thanks,

Eric

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Does anyone use the RSS Mini sites? Anyone have any comments on this?

Thanks in advance.

Eric

•••
I am looking at the RSSMini. If I can figure out how to program it... ;)

What I would like to do is to set it up for Adsense and then sell banner ads to the corresponding inustry.

My html is rusty, I use frontpage. :red:

All I am simply looking for is a template that I can import RSS feed so that we can get good search engine placement. I am hoping that this will do the trick.

•••
airwav said:
All I am simply looking for is a template that I can import RSS feed so that we can get good search engine placement. I am hoping that this will do the trick.

Would this type of strategy even get you listed in the SE let alone with good placement?

Thoughts?

Eric

•••
I am working on this right now with my site at:

http://www.TheNumber23.info

I had a service submit to search engines and am seeing some hits from this.

I did a google search for:
Powered by: RSSMini

This is the wording at the bottom of the site.
I found several sites with features I wanted and then copied what they did from the view source.

I would be interested to hear from others on what they are trying or are doing with this.

meljr

•••
ene said:
Tonight I downloaded and am testing out the RSSMini Folder product. It seems pretty good for a parking page.

Here my question.....how can I make money on that page other than by just the google adsense or text links or whatever? Can I control what shows on that page and if so, how?

Thanks,

Eric
You can place any type of ads at the top and bottom. You can control the content via config.php

~Rom

•••
Rom said:
You can place any type of ads at the top and bottom. You can control the content via config.php

~Rom
I am aware of how to set the ads in the ads.php files, however, how exactly does one control the content on that page as this is all that is located in config.php

Code:
<?php
// Ads are located in ads.php
// Do NOT remove the link to RSSMini.com

$title = "Find Your New WebHost Here!";
// Title of your website

$url = "http://www.somethingsomething.com";
// The URL to your website
// Make sure the URL is right, because the files will be based on this

$menu = "<a href=shared-webhosting>Shared Webhosting</a> | <a href=vps>Virtual Private Servers</a> | <a href=dedicated>Dedicated Se$
// This will be your menu with links to folders
// This is just a simple HTML

$index_feed = "Web Hosting";
// The keyword of the content on your index page where your menu will appear

$text_color = "black";
// The color of text which is displayed

$table_fill = "#2375A4";
// The table fill color

$menu_color = "#95CC02";
// The menu color
?>

Not much to customize there! I'm a bit confused on this.

Thanks,

Eric

•••
Eric, I think the contents are controlled by a reference to the keywords that you set up in the config.php. When I change my key words I get different content. Try different key word(s) and you will see the difference.

meljr

•••
Where do you see a setting for keywords in the config.php file?

thanks,

Eric

•••
Ok then, this is a copy the the config.php file from my site at http://www.TheNumber23.info
the Key words are at $keywords.
My current key words are "prime numbers".
hope this helps.
meljr

<?php
// Ads are located in ads.php
// Do NOT remove the link to RSSMini.com

$title = "TheNumber23.info";
// Title of your website

$keyword = "prime numbers";
// The keyword that your content will be based on

$menu = "<a href=index.php>Home</a><a href=news.php>News</a><a href=photos.php>Photos</a><a href=blogs.php>Blogs</a><a href=articles.php>Articles</a><a href=videos.php>Videos</a><a href=digg.php>Digg</a><a href=shop.php>Shop</a><a href=links.php>Links</a>";

$text_color = "black";
// The color of text which is displayed

$table_fill = "#2375A4";
// The table fill color

$menu_color = "#95CC02";
// The menu color
?>

•••
That's because I think the script use MSN Search to find results in RSS format. That's how it changes accordingly. Just wonder if there is any RSS feed that pay you to advertise. Just simply change the site to the new site.

Or write an additional RSS script to compile all different feeds according to keyword.

•••
so what exactly the benefit? Does it increase your page rank/search index?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back