Mvginspires20

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone, I have several domains that I would like you guys to appraise:

newhampshireroofers.com
rooferdelaware.com
rooferarizona.com
roofercalifornia.com

What are your thoughts on these? I'm thinking if I can sell them to local roofers in each location, I may be able to make a profit. Any and all feedback is welcome! Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would be more confident if you had "roofing", paired with a nice GEO (like California / Arizona). The word "roofer" I'm a bit shaky on. Not easy, IMO. Best of luck regardless

Last edited:
•••
I would be more confident if you had "roofing", paired with a nice GEO (like California / Arizona). The word "roofer" I'm a bit shaky on. Not easy, IMO. Best of luck regardless

Thanks so much for your feedback. Unfortunately, roofingcalifornia.com was already taken last time I checked. I may just hold onto it until I can find a Roofing business who needs a website and domain.

•••
•••
Low-xx to High-xx
Thanks for your feedback! I figured they might not be worth that much since local contractors are the only ones who may find value in it.

•••
•••
I've owned a lot of Geo domains similar to this. I haven't had much luck selling State level names - city works better. I've never sold a "roofer" domain though.

Also, I find the reverse order is better (DelawareRoofer is stronger than RooferDelaware).

I've been able to sell them somewhat slowly but reliability at $299. I have sold a few at $499. I haven't been able to sell any at $799 or higher, although I see others do it. I don't have time to do outbound sales.

So I'd say if you can get $299 take it. I probably wouldn't renew these names.

FWIW, I am letting/have let 90% of my domains like this expire. This segment barely breaks even on reg fees, in my experience.

Last edited:
•••
I've owned a lot of Geo domains similar to this. I haven't had much luck selling State level names - city works better. I've never sold a "roofer" domain though.

Also, I find the reverse order is better (DelawareRoofer is stronger than RooferDelaware).

I've been able to sell them somewhat slowly but reliability at $299. I have sold a few at $499. I haven't been able to sell any at $799 or higher, although I see others do it. I don't have time to do outbound sales.

FWIW, I am letting/have let 90% of my domains like this expire. This segment barely breaks even on reg fees, in my experience.

Thanks so much for your feedback! At this point, I'd be content if I received an offer for $299. I'm wondering if it's even worth reaching out to roofers in the same states before letting them expire.

•••

Agree the reverse order looks better. Still, you got the keywords and that's always a bonus. You're missing a trick though. Could turn it into a directory site when roofing businesses pay you to advertise. Sure Google Business is muscling in on that space but you'd likely get some traffic from blog content. Could also build a simple roofing website template with example pages and sell as a bundle with domain plus website. Also agree with @okaydomains most of these type sites are local not statewide since Delaware is 1,982 sq mi. Your best bet would be to go outbound trying contacting the large roofing companies in Wilmington, Dover, Newark, Middletown, Bear, Glasgow, Brookside, Hockessin. Question is are those guys really going to pay you for a second-fiddle domain name when they have hundreds of alternatives? They might if you tell them search volume is 390 and $35 per click. But even more so if there's already a website hosted on your domain name and its already getting local and state traffic. Might take you a day. You got plenty of options to start exploring. Good luck.

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back