Dynadot

Risks of registeren a company's name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
:hi:

Recently I discovered a domain that comes available of quite a large company. Perhaps a mistake of them not to renew it.

Should I register it or will they - as I sometimes read - sue me ? What are the risks?

Many thanks in advance,
Hans

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain might get taken away from you if the company holding that trademark files a complaint and wins, and worse, you might have to pay damages too.

•••
well I'm not going to take the risk then :)

It's about esso.be, it's now in quarantine and will be available tommorrow at 20.00 (GMT +1). I don't know if Esso is internationally known but in Belgium it's a big gazoil company.

If anyone's going to do something with it keep me updated :)

•••
If there exists another legitimate use for esso.be , I really would like to know it ;) (Not using a rhetorical device here... :gl:)

-Allan

•••
Not worth the risk.....especially if you're going to park it....

•••
Na dont go cybersquatting, you will end up in deep trouble. Although i am totally against companies filing suits against such domains but still, take care ;)

Khuldun

•••
i just see they bought it out of quarantine

Thanks for the advise everyone!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back