Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Retrieving Content for Static Pages

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

crazyluv

Established Member
Impact
2
Just a simple question I would like some advice for; from people who know more about this then me. I am currently practicing and learning how to build CMSs, basicly I just taking an unused template (that I maded) and use ASP to make it, easy to edit and to enable it to have dynamic content.

I know that it is best to use a database for dynamic content particularly if the site is really big but should I use the database if the content on a particular page won't be dynamic or frequently changed?

What are the pros and cons? For example on a main page used for news, the content tends to change alot so I use a database and some code to store and display the information but how about a secondary page like an "About" page. Where the content will change very little -if at all- through out the life of the web page. Would it be best to have some ASP code to directly edit the page?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Its personal preference really. Whichever you find easier to do. I mean I personally use include phrases all over the place (PHP), and never ever edit something on the main page. But what it sounds like to me is that its more of a static page so I think editing the page directly wouldn't be a bad Idea.
 
0
•••
I hadn't thought much about includes I'll have to think about that. So when it comes to load times and whatever else it doesn't really matter what method I choose?

Of course when it comes to a large site since it doesn't usually makes a difference with smaller ones.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back