Domain Empire

Rethinking Ukrainian IDNs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sanfran

Established Member
Impact
Rethinking Ukrainian IDNs

I keep an eye on a somewhat sizable collection of Cyrillic names. For a long time they all were in deep sh!t, not making me any dough.
Suddenly, a few years back all my Russians became alive. And boy, did they kick?
Traff went thru the roof. But not the Ukrainians.
And now, the new phenomenon:
Ukrainians starting making dough like no other language. $2, $3, and $5 clicks all day long.
Does anybody have any clue?

:bingo:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if you would be more specific whether increase in revenue came from increase in traffic, click-through or CPC?

•••
I guess its mostly cpc.
I hear that in Ukraine very few people even speak Ukrainian.

•••
I guess its mostly cpc.
it could be your Ukrainian domain keywords are better than Russian, thus more advertisers are bidding on them and higher competition causes higher CPC

•••
Nope.
They're exact copies of the Russians.
I regged 2 dozen or so names in 5 Slavic names.
I wonder whether it has anything to do with the Ukrainian letter i ?

•••
Rethinking Ukrainian IDNs- I keep an eye on a somewhat sizable collection of Cyrillic names. For a long time they all were in deep sh!t, not making me any dough.
Suddenly, a few years back all my Russians became alive. And boy, did they kick?
Traff went thru the roof. But not the Ukrainians.
And now, the new phenomenon:
Ukrainians starting making dough like no other language. $2, $3, and $5 clicks all day long.
Does anybody have any clue?
:bingo:

Russian and Ukrainian traffic is good.... but getting penny, nickles, dimes and occasional quarter clicks.

Where are you parking at? :lala:

•••
Ukrainian traffic - in general - sucks.

•••
Russian and Ukrainian traffic is good.... but getting penny, nickles, dimes and occasional quarter clicks.

Where are you parking at? :lala:

Heh heh I checked this myself - Bodis ;)

•••
Russian and Ukrainian traffic is good.... but getting penny, nickles

Ukrainian traffic is not good.
Par example:

кино & кіно, same tld

кино gets 4,600 views /mo
кіно gets 7 views /mo

•••
You are both saying the exact opposite thing.. and you're BOTH right, it all depends on the domain itself. One domain has little traffic and high earnings and another has high traffic but low earnings. Different domains, different results.

•••
No matter how many times u gonna delete the post --
numbers don't lie!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back