Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

[REQ-LOGO] - ShockJock

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of Contest: Logo Design
Prize: $50 USD (paid via Paypal)
Contest End Date & Time: 12:01am on Sunday, November 1st

Size Requirements: 600w x 300h - Preferably a vector image for resizing purposes

Color Requirements:
- Background: White (#FFFFFF)
- Main: Red (#DD0000 - it's important that this is the red that's used)
- Accent: Black (#000000)
- Other accents: whatever you think would work with this scheme

General Requirements:
Logo Text: "ShockJock.org" - The .org is important

Additional Information:

ShockJock.org is going to be an archive of all the 'shock' sites on the internet (whether it's a Rick Roll or a 2Girls1Cup). My first thought for a logo was a cartoonish Disc Jockey, but instead of spinning records he would somehow be spinning 'shocks', whatever the hell that means :P I guess I'm thinking like Rick Astley on the record or something like that, or silhouettes of two women holding a cup (though if only one could be used, I'd have to go with the 2g1c image).

Also, one of the unique elements to the site is that you can use various URLs to trick friends into opening the shock sites (we currently have 137 different domains that can be used). Not sure if that can somehow be worked into the logo, but figured I'd mention it, since it's one of the key elements to the site. More info here: ShockJock.org :: About ShockJock.org

This is the first logo contest I've started, and I don't believe I've left anything out, but let me know if you have any questions at all.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Prize increased from $40 to $50.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I'm thinking what to design. If I find something I will enter.
 
0
•••
Here's a concept idea to help get the contest started



Feedback appreciated​
 
0
•••
Not too shabby at all scorpion! I really like it. Just a few things I'd be interested in seeing...

- Would you be able to try to incorporate '2 girls' and '1 cup' on the records. For example, have two females on the record on the left, and a cup on the record on the right, or something along those lines. The site is meant for, lack of a better term, 'sickos' that like shocking their friends with these sort of sites (myself included on occasion :P), and 2 girls 1 cup is probably the most well known. So if they could get that mental link with the logo that would let them know instantly what they're in for on the site.

- Would it be possible to try a couple different variations of the DJ's head? I don't mind the one that's already there, but it may be a tad too 'emo', if that makes sense, lol. I'd be interested to see what it would look like with others.

- This may look odd (you may have already tried it and reverted it because it didn't look right), but what about having the 'S' and the black arc line up on the left-hand side, so that the S is fully contained under the arc (like it is with the K in jock). Right now the S extends out past the arc a bit, and ever since I noticed this it's all I see out of the corner of my eye. I realize this may cut off some of the definition of the S, since the top left-hand corner doesn't reach the top of the font line (so the arch would have to sort of bleed into the S a bit).

Overall I really do like it though, just thought I'd give some feedback and see what you could do with it.
 
0
•••
Revised Concept
Here's a 2-3-4 version



Feedback Appreciated​
 
0
•••
shockjock1.jpg
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Really great shizuo!
That "O" is awesome.
 
0
•••
Just 15 hours remaining!
 
0
•••
We really liked both designs, but in the end we've decided to go with shizuo's entry.
 
0
•••
congrats on the win shizuo :)
 
0
•••
kongratts shiz !!!
 
0
•••
thanks scorp and koncepts

payment recieved and files sent..

thank you :tu:
 
0
•••
Transaction complete!

Great work everyone! Over the next 6-8 months I'll probably have another 10 sites under development, so keep an eye out for more logo contests!
 
0
•••
Glad it went to a good home : )
 
0
•••
Contest over, thread closed.

Let me know if you have any probs

ES
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back