Domain Empire

domain Req. appraisal for three dot coms:StormAlert - BlackMidi - NearbyStores

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
StormAlert <dotcom> Creation Date: 1998
BlackMidi <dotcom> (fashion and music style) Creation Date: 2013 (fresh reggie)
NearbyStores <dotcom> Creation Date: 2012 (drop)

These domains had inquiries. If at all possible, would appreciate appraisals for these domains, please.

Thanks for looking.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Storm alert: Good for an app, probably not a lot of money. Maybe $1000 if the buyer is serious.

Black midi: Take whatever you can get.

Nearby stores: Another one that would be better as an app, but there are apps that already handle this and most people know where nearby stores are after awhile. I'd probably try for $500 depending on the buyer.

•••
StormAlert - not worth a lot. Gov't agencies do most storm alerting.
BlackMidi - mildly brandable. Take whatever you can get.

NearbyStores could be huge. I am always in the car, asking Google to find a particular store. A site or app could make it easier.

Maybe it could hold a list of my favorite stores and alert me whenever I am within x miles.
Or, it could announce all stores in a certain category that are nearby.
Find some collaborators and you got a startup.

•••
StormAlert - not worth a lot. Gov't agencies do most storm alerting.

But the alerts are passed along and hyped by news stations.

After thinking this over and remembering how much stations will publicize any storm - thunderstorms, snow storms, etc -and how many of them have their own desktop / mobile weather apps, I think I may have actually underestimated. Weather is huge business for the local news.

I wouldn't target domainers on this - probably skip auctions too. If you don't mind doing sales, I'd try try targeting larger to mid market cities and seeing if if you can find a receptive tv / radio station. There has to be one out there out of thousands that would love to be able to say "whenever severe weather hits, check out stormalert.com" and have their station name (and advertising) plastered all over the site.

•••
•••
Thanks for the feedback guys, really apprecitate it!

btw, StormAlert was owned by a TV station before but they let it expire.

I agree on the app development ideas......if only there was more time, i've spread myself too thin before ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back