Domain Empire

advice Renewal domain name for 10 years

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

METKRAFT

Impact
Hi Guys, I have a domain. I'd like to renewal for 10 years. but the supplier does not allow to do that. What can I do now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Depending on the TLD, the registrar might be restricted from doing so. You should check what is the reason for the restriction with either the registrar or checking up on (g/cc)TLD restrictions

•••
•••
Domains have a life of maximum 10 years. Once you register a domain, you may renew it for 10 years only after it expires. This is so because until expiry 1 year is still not over.

Example: you register ispcircle.com for 2 years on 10-Jan-2000. The Expiry Date now is 10-Jan-2002. So you can renew your domain name for:
  • Before 10-Jan-2001: max Renewal allowed 8 years (as domain name is still 2 years old)
  • Between 10-Jan-2001 and 10-Jan-2002: max Renewal allowed 9 years (as last 1 year prior to expiry is still going on)
  • After 10-Jan-2002: max Renewal allowed 10 years (as domain has expired)
Note: The above example holds true for almost all domains with the exception of a few.

•••
1) Check to see if you can register a domain under the extension for 10 years.

2) If the registrar will not let you register the domain for 10 years, just go to another register.

Hope this helps.

•••
Hi Guys, I have a domain. I'd like to renewal for 10 years. but the supplier does not allow to do that. What can I do now?

Renew it for as long as you can then renew it again later or move the domain to a company that may allow a longer renewal time.
Make sure the domain is worth the value to renew it that long to being with or your just throwing money away.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back