IT.COM

Recommendations

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi.

I've been using XtraOrbit for hosting but I am not satisfied at all.

They are very slow, sites are working very slow and I am limited to 10 emails/hour!

I've been told that BlueHost would do the job, I just need for a hosting for my websites( many extensions) which is working decent, fast and allows me at least 50/email per hour.

Looking forward for your opinions.

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Read the forum here.

Lots of good hosts.

Go to the hosting forum, where lots of good hosts are offering their services.

Seems that so many just ask the same questions (which host is best) without every looking at all the previous other threads asking the same question.

•••
If you can tell me where to look for the nr of emails per hour then i apologize for spamming this forum.

If not, you could've used those lines actually to give a helpful answer.

So what it would be?

Seems that so many just ask the same questions (which host is best) without every looking at all the previous other threads asking the same question.

Did you read my question? I do NOT CARE which is the best.

•••
Usually you can find the limits put on email sending, in the host's help/support/knowledgebase.

In the case of Bluehost, it would appear that the limit, by default, is: https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/469

That being said, after having tried Bluehost's sister (and almost identical) brand, Hostmonster, I would have to advise you to avoid them. There's better hosting to be had (though there's also worse).

•••
Hi.

allows me at least 50/email per hour.

That is not a huge requirement as far as I know. Normally hosts may set it in 150-200 range.

•••
Yea but XtraOrbit is set at 10, I mailed them for raising at 50 but no answer so far.

BlueHost is set at 150 and I think it's my future hosting service as it's really cheap too and quality/price seems fair to me.

Thanks for the help.

•••
What sort of budget do you have for this? Any other specific requirements? This sort of information will help us to point you in the right direction.

•••
I use inmotionhosting and they have been great, I only had one problem which was when their servers got hacked, but that was quickly sorted out. Otherwise I would look at 1and1 if you don't mind messing around without cpanel.

•••
if you are looking to mass send emails I would recommend you look for a VPS or a Dedicated server. :)

you could start your search at rackspace, mediatemple, lunarpages, acornhost, fatcow are all good options, see their TOS for more info and decide who is best suitable for your needs.

•••
I suggest you to go with inmotion they are pretty good in terms of performance and have variety in hosting plans as well.

•••
Personally, I would never use imotionHosting, BlueHost, HostMonster, Avrixe or any other unlimited hosting, the entry price is low on them but you have to pay 1 year up front for hosting. You could find a better host. I suggest you go to the offer forum and look or make a request and let web host post for your business. The best way to score a deal month to month and get some extras you would like to have.

•••
Check out Hostgator. Not sure why noone else is recommending them. Never had a problem in 4 years and host 25+ sites on it.

•••
Anybody using or used hostndotcom for hosting or domain registration ? I've searched for reviews with no results at all.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back