Domain Empire

advice recepi.es

NameSilo
Watch

ProDomanico

Established Member
Impact
.es registrar wants me to delete my domain .."recepi.es"

Recently I sold a .es domain, and would that have caused this ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Strange, I don't see any restrictions on it. $10 yr at namecheap says anyone can reg it.
Nice hack, but value sure goes down if the registry wants to seize it.
Did they give you any reason? Can you let us know outcome?
Also, registry is who? Where it is registered( registrar) or .es registry?

•••
Yeah man thats a nice hack. I like it.

I dont see why the Registry is asking u to delete it...makes no sense at all. I think u should ask them what the issue is and why they want u to delete it. Is the Registrar or the actual registry... if it's a dodgy registrar then maybe they trying to get u to delete it so they can have it for themselves...lol. Anything is possible these days...

•••
.es registrar wants me to delete my domain .."recepi.es"

Recently I sold a .es domain, and would that have caused this ?

Please share, what registrar would request such an absurd deletion? I would transfer it out immediately.

•••
Could be they want you to delete it due to the fact it's a worthless domain.

"Recipes" is the correct spelling of the word.

•••
This is odd. "Rece pies" in Spanish translates to something like "pray feet".

Anyway, you still might want to check with the registry about the reasoning behind their request.

•••
Surely we are not being told the whole story. What did the registrar say ?

•••
To whom it may concern, Receipt.es is available. Estibot value $4,400

•••
ES domains have a restriction that you must have "ties" to Spain

http://www.dominios.es/dominios/en/...saber/sobre-registros-de-dominios/quien-puede
http://www.dominios.es/dominios/en/content/vinculos
>>>>>
YOU CAN REGISTER AN ".ES" DOMAIN FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE TIES TO SPAIN!
Ties to Spain
According to the Public Business Entity Red.es "interests" or "ties to Spain" to include the following situations, among others:
Individuals or legal entities established in Spain
Individuals or legal entities who wish to aim all or part of their services at the Spanish market
Individuals or legal entities who wish to provide information, services and/or products which are culturally, historically or socially linked with Spain
<<<<<

So if I were you, I would take it off Sedo, and put up your own for sale page with links to Sedo, and put some pictures of Spain and a link to the Spanish Tourism board or something. Not sure that will work, but that is the only reason I could imagine they are asking you to delete.

ETA: I had a nom.es for a few years then let it drop, and I was never asked for anything, but the above was my plan JIC

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back