Dynadot

question Recent unknown followers on Twitter

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dominic Belley

Four Letter AcronymsTop Member
Impact
I recently started to get 4-5 unknown Twitter followers everyday.

I know they are fake account because of the email address and profile pictures (almost all cartoons).

Did this ever happen to you? What do you do ..or.. would you do in this situation?

They cannot spam my twitter wall because I do not follow them. So I guess there is not harm possible, its just weird that this suddently happens to me.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This happened with me few days ago. 30-40 fake accounts followed me in a day. I just ignore them, that's it.

•••
Those are bot accounts... just don't follow them... If you follow them, they will blast you with direct messages and tags saying "hey I have got these many followers, using this website...go check them out..."
lol... ;)

•••
Nothing wrong with free followers to make your account look better lol ... but seriously don't follow the bots and within a week they'll unfollow you to look for the next suckers. Twitter has a limit for follow / followed ratio to try to cull this activity.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back