Domain Empire

advice Received purchase offer. Advice please!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mydomainprice

Impact
I have a .co.uk domain name that matches the .com name used by an American company. I was recently approached by a company called CSC Digital Brand Services offering to buy the domain name for mid-four figures. I am not sure if I want to sell, but wonder if anyone else has experience with such an approach? Is it worth pursuing a counter-offer? If I were to sell, I obviously want to get as much as possible.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is the domain 4L or a name or something else? I assume you do not want to share the name just yet.

Mid 4 figures is 5000 . . .

I imagine if opening offer was 5Kish they really want the domain!

•••
First things first. Make sure it's not an appraisal scam. If you post the text of the email here some of us will be able to tell you.

Last edited:
•••
They didn't send an email. They called and left a voicemail.

•••
It's not strictly the answer to your question, but it may be a point to consider.

As the owner of the .co.uk, you can probably get a priority registration of the .uk for a few pounds. You may well get a better offer for the matched pair. If you sold the .co.uk alone, the new buyer may not be given a priority registration.

•••
First thing you want to do is to verify the phone number make sure that he is not a namepros member.

Last edited:
•••
I assume that the company name is trademarked. What kind of lander do you use? Do you have any ads related to the company on the lander?

•••
First thing you want to do is to verify the phone number make sure that he is not a nsmepros member.
Mid xxxx is a good offer for a .co.uk..... Accept the offer bro

•••
If the call is legit, in a couple of hours you should receive the follow up email from the c/s/c/g/l/o/b/a/l/ . com. Otherwise, forget about it.

•••
First thing you want to do is to verify the phone number make sure that he is not a namepros member.

The phone number is for the company's website: CSC Global

I assume that the company name is trademarked. What kind of lander do you use? Do you have any ads related to the company on the lander?

The domain redirects to a website I hold in a similar niche (different name) but it isn't active and it doesn't generate revenue. No attempts to confuse consumer, no design similarity, and an entirely different product.

•••
I am a Nominet member and registrar and have sold hundreds of UK domain names. There aren't many active members on Namepros with that same level of knowledge of the .uk namespace. Please PM me with the domain name if you would like advice.

•••
The phone number is for the company's website: CSC Global

The domain redirects to a website I hold in a similar niche (different name) but it isn't active and it doesn't generate revenue. No attempts to confuse consumer, no design similarity, and an entirely different product.
Call them back and check if the offer is legit. Mid x,xxx starting offer probably could be negotiated much higher. If you don't have much experience in selling domains you could hire a domain name broker.

•••
Call them back and check if the offer is legit. Mid x,xxx starting offer probably could be negotiated much higher. If you don't have much experience in selling domains you could hire a domain name broker.

Good point. I don't know if I want to deal with the hassle of negotiation but getting a higher selling price would be worth the cost of a broker. Not sure how to find or approach a broker, though — and, of course, it is only worth engaging one if they are able to negotiate a sales price that, after their fee is deducted, gets me more money than what I've already been offered.

•••
just try to much the number with the name of company that they give you via google and see what you can find

•••
Good point. I don't know if I want to deal with the hassle of negotiation but getting a higher selling price would be worth the cost of a broker. Not sure how to find or approach a broker, though — and, of course, it is only worth engaging one if they are able to negotiate a sales price that, after their fee is deducted, gets me more money than what I've already been offered.
In this price range maybe @Ali could step in or he could find some other solution.
Wish you all the best!

•••
It's not strictly the answer to your question, but it may be a point to consider.

As the owner of the .co.uk, you can probably get a priority registration of the .uk for a few pounds. You may well get a better offer for the matched pair. If you sold the .co.uk alone, the new buyer may not be given a priority registration.

I would suggest the same
As of now, only people who own domains .co.uk, .me.uk and .org.uk can register the .uk
You can get/ask a lot higher if you also own the .uk of the domain

•••
if a us company has a trademark
you may encounter legal actions
and their offer may be their one and only try to get a smooth transaction

I guess its pretty save to ask for high ( higher ) 4 figures in return

if you are knowledgeable in TM law
you may play higher

otherwise I would accept

go for sedo escrow
then you should be safe

all the best

- no legal advice - I am not a lawer -

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back