Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Questions for members from India

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

tinggg

Established Member
Impact
2
Hi

I'm developing a site for the Andhra Pradesh (specifically Hyderabad) region in India. The site will have local and international users. I have read that the languages spoken in this region include Telugu, Urdu and Hindi with english used for business.

My questions are:

- If the site is available only in english will local people use it?
- If I provide a second language on the site, which is the most widely spoke Telugu, Urdu or Hindi?
- Are there any cutural sensitivites with colour - any colours I should avoid?
- Any other cultural sensitivities around 'look and feel'?

Thanks for your help :)
T
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
nice to hear that from u. i'm from hyd.
what site r u developing for hyd, let me kno so that i can give u a more accurate answers
 
0
•••
yes, english language is universal.
 
0
•••
More and more people are using english.

Plus a small example:

I am Gujarati myself. But whenever I see a Gujurati website with Gujurati written in it. My mouse clicks that [X] window on the upper right corner :D

Just my personal thoughts.

Because the person who is literate enough to use the PC and the internet. Maybe he or she is literate enough to use english :)
 
0
•••
thanks for your feedback, its very helpful :)
 
0
•••
I would suggest you search in google for Hyderabad sites to get the feel of what's popular
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back