Dynadot

Pure PHP or Framework ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
I personally think that Pure PHP offers me more freedom and stability, but maybe I was wrong. So Which would be your solution for your project and why ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Frameworks exist to make our lives easier. No reason not to use them! The key is to find one you like. :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
quora.com/Which-is-better-using-pure-PHP-or-Framework

I think it's good for developers but not for customers. dont you think

•••
I think it's good for developers but not for customers. dont you think
It only helps developers. Customers aren't affected by frameworks in any way.

•••
It only helps developers. Customers aren't affected by frameworks in any way.

In my experience as a client I received appraisals for laravel more expensive that pure php. and when I've done it myself. frankly, laravel makes me crazy

•••
Hey Gipson,

I'm PHP Developer I've been developing web applications since 2014, Currently working with Laravel PHP framework, PHP is really best for web application development no matter it's pure php or php framework such as Laravel and Codeignite, But for software solutions development you must require to learn c# or python plus any javascript framework such as Angularjs, Most of developers now making strong grips in javascript front-end frameworks i'm also thinking to learn Nodejs.

Thanks
Alpha Data

•••
IMHO, this feels like the wrong question because there's a time and place for either one. Pure PHP would be good for specific use cases like for smaller projects or the kind with a very specific feature set, or if you have a project and have yet to familiarize yourself with a framework.

Frameworks, after all, require that you learn and work within its (mostly opinionated) way of doing things (no matter how "open" it is).

Otherwise, and once you get the hang of it, though, you really can't compare the overhead in time and work that you save (although arguably also adding to the overall overhead of the project as well), and the capabilities you gain in using them.

For example, while there are separate modules available in pure PHP, using a framework and its resources and ecosystem to help you with all sorts of things. For example, frameworks can provide you with authentication, security, billing, invoices, user profiles, user roles, API, themes, blogs/cms, and much more out of the box or via addons/components, within its system. Trying to cobble all of that separately with pure PHP is not only going to take a lot of work and time but by the time you're done, it's like you'll have redundantly created a new framework anyway. And that is just citing one among many many examples.

•••
In fact, it depends on the project and its requirements. In my practice, I usually used PHP for complex projects and Frameworks for small ones.

•••
I personally think that Pure PHP offers me more freedom and stability, but maybe I was wrong. So Which would be your solution for your project and why ?

UserSpice is good at saving time and staying out of your way.

•••
In fact, it depends on the project and its requirements. In my practice, I usually used PHP for complex projects and Frameworks for small ones.

To be honest this is the opposite of the norm. If you are developing a small project then framework is going to give you a lot of bloat (unless of course you are using a micro framework).

Personally I am not a fan of any PHP frameworks. I really do not like the way they work. I have been developing in PHPm since around 2003 harking back to the days where it was drilled into you for example not to mix business logic with HTML. Many frameworks completely brak this concept and reintroduced PHP into the templates.

Last edited:
•••
I'm giving up php and using wix.com .... :ROFL:

Codeigniter is good for large and small projects. Symphony is OK. Laravel is based on Symphony. I find both too complicated for almost everything.

•••
What do you want to achieve?

Is the coding the core of your offering? Would your life be easier if you used a framework? I use Wordpress for instance, although I can code a simple brochure website myself. I also use Bootstrap to speed up my design. Because it allows me to create content faster, helps with SEO etc. Which is what I do and offer.

So, if the framework will allow you to reach your goals faster and serve your clients better, then framework it is.

•••
Pure PHP for me... and Bootstrap.

•••
Framework rarely allows you to write bad code which ensures less time in debugging later and helps you to finish a project faster

•••
Framework rarely allows you to write bad code which ensures less time in debugging later and helps you to finish a project faster
I accept that challenge 😎

•••
See, it is totally depends on your requirements. If you have inhouse team that will handle all your website management then you can go with PHP.
But if you want your website within an hour with less customisation then frameworks are good to go.

•••
Back