available Public Service: 87 Unregistered Common English Dictionary Words

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

111media

Domain WranglerEstablished Member
Impact
I was doing some research tonight and found several hundred English dictionary words that were not registered. Since I could never afford to register all of them I decided to share a portion of them with my friends here at Name Pros. This is an act of goodwill and I am not expecting any compensation. Enjoy! :wave:

Kind Regards,
Steven Sprunger

PS. There is a .biz and a .us in this list AND at least one of these has an overture approaching 100k. Also, these were all unregistered at the time of this posting. :)

PPS. If people appreciate this thread I may just post another 50-100 names (even better than these Overture wise). Let me know if you are interested.

adjustment.ws
amount.ws
angry.cc
apparatus.ws
argument.ws
attempt.ws
basin.ws
bent.ws
bitter.ws
boiling.ws
burst.ws
carriage.tv
cause.ws
certain.ws
chalk.cc
collar.tv
comb.tv
cruel.cc
daughter.cc
delicate.ws
dependent.ws
destruction.tv
detail.cc
different.cc
disgust.ws
doubt.ws
drain.cc
drawer.ws
early.cc
effect.ws
equal.ws
existence.ws
feeble.biz
feeble.us
float.tv
foolish.ws
fork.cc
frequent.ws
hollow.ws
important.cc
jelly.cc
late.cc
loose.cc
loud.cc
measure.cc
mixed.ws
narrow.ws
necessary.ws
needle.tv
nodoubt.cc
observation.ws
opposite.ws
ornament.cc
parcel.cc
paste.ws
plough.
plow.cc
polish.cc
possible.ws
probable.ws
prose.tv
receipt.tv
regret.ws
regular.cc
relation.ws
responsible.ws
separate.ws
shelf.tv
shut.ws
slope.ws
smash.cc
sort.cc
sticky.cc
stiff.ws
straight.ws
substance.ws
sudden.ws
tendency.ws
thick.tv
tray.ws
trousers.cc
verse.cc
violent.ws
waiting.cc
warm.cc
wound.tv
wrong.ws

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awesome list! Very thank you for sharing it with us, love the .ws especially! Do you have more? Sure will donate you some NP$ if I reg any. :)

•••
Thank you!

I have a list of around 50 more I might be willing to post depending on the response to this thread. I will PM the list to you and anyone else that posts positively here before I release the rest of the names to the general Name Pros public. :)

MissFlora said:
Awesome list! Very thank you for sharing it with us, love the .ws especially! Do you have more? Sure will donate you some NP$ if I reg any. :)

•••
If anyone else would like a PM with the additiona list of unregistered names (like the one above only much better overture) please post here. I will be sending out the list to Flora and anyone else who is interested tonight when I get home from work.

Kind Regards,
Steven Sprunger

:D

•••
Aloha Steven,
Appreciate the hard work. I've done allot of searching and know the effort and more importantly the time involved in reviewing, checking, and logging names. I'll NP$ if I reg any...
Thank you!
Lance :wave:

•••
Thank you!

Thank you for the kind words. It is work, but fun work. :)

westblock said:
Aloha Steven,
Appreciate the hard work. I've done allot of searching and know the effort and more importantly the time involved in reviewing, checking, and logging names. I'll NP$ if I reg any...
Thank you!
Lance :wave:

•••
Very nice list, I'm considering few, but will wait for the complete list... ;)

I have seen a list of unregistered one word .com and .net domains, but those are bit hard to remember 'cause you don't know what they mean to begin with.. :D

Your list is really great!

•••
Very nice post with some rare one-word .ws domains...nice...

Would you mind sending me that list of 50 others as well??

I'll send NP if I reg any - thx
Steve

•••
Go ahead and send the rest of them to me too. I doubt I'm going to register any, but what would it hurt?

Great list btw.

•••
can you send me the complete list?? Thank you

•••
Thanks again!

I appreciate the positive feedback. I am staying at work late tonight so when I get home I will create the list and PM it to all of you.

I will probably post the entire thing tomorrow (after the interested folks get there advance copy).

This list was created using commonly used English dictionary words. You will probably noticed that I eliminated plurals (no 's' on the end of these) to give maximum value. Many of these names will probably be available in the plural as well. Also, none of these are available in the .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz or .us TLDs. If they were available they aren't after last night, lol.

In the case of more than one TLD being available (out of .cc, .ws and .tv) I only included the best available TLD. This was determined by .ws, .cc, .tv in that order. So, something available in .ws, may be available in both other extensions, however, you would be surprised at the number of cases where only the .ws, .cc or .tv TLDs were available. Apparently various people have an affinity for different TLDs.

I checked the overture on all of these names (and, yes, I should have included it here) and many of them had very good numbers.

As far as the list I will post tomorrow morning (or PM tonight for those who have asked for the pre-release copy), the overture is almost always 10k or greater and several of them are over 100k. Some examples of the ones I registered last night after my research with high Overture are below (so you can get an idea of what you can expect with the premium list tonight). The totals below are Overture just for the keywords itself and doesn't include the related keywords pushing some of these into the millions.

Disease.cc - 433,735
Insect.cc - 116,222
Knife.cc - 106,546
List.cc - 311,545
Position.cc - 321,834

One final note, it would be helpful if you register one of these names to post it here so we can delete it or mark it from the list above. It would also be interesting to see how many of these names get registered (well, interesting to me anyway, lol).

The best place I know to register .ws are at GoDaddy for $9.99. I usually split my .cc between eNom and GoDaddy. (24.95 and 19.95 respectively). eNom is my registrar of choice so they get most of my registrations. GoDaddy is okay, but it takes a half hour just to add a name to your shopping cart (okay, maybe I exaggerated A LITTLE).

:wave:

Last edited:
•••
Question?

Does anyone know why this thread got moved to expiring domains? It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with expiring domains...it seemed like it belonged in general domain discussion.

Oh well, what do I know?! :)

•••
Overture of 775,426

Not a great TLD, but Animals.bz is available for registration with an overture of 775,426. Anyway, hope one of your will find it interesting enough to reg.

B-)

•••
More names as promised!

Here are another 43 names for you all to enjoy.

Kind Regards,
Steve

Attention.ws
Brake.cc
Brush.ws
Bucket.ws
Cheese.cc
Chest.cc
Cloud.cc
Committee.ws
Condition.ws
Cord.cc
Current.ws
Curtain.cc
Cushion.ws
Digestion.ws
Distance.cc
Expansion.ws
Feather.ws
Fixed.ws
Floor.cc
Fold.ws
Hanging.ws
Hook.cc
Hour.cc
Increase.cc
Kettle.ws
Knot.cc
Middle.cc
Mouth.cc
Parallel.ws
Plate.ws
Political.cc
Punishment.ws
Rough.cc
Shake.ws
Spade.ws
Steam.ws
Thing.cc
Thumb.ws
Thunder.cc
Tight.cc
Week.cc
Whip.cc
Whistle.ws

:tu:

•••
Cool lists! Thanks for posting available ccTLD domains... that's something new around here!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back