domain proffessional names for Appraisal

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman

New Member
Impact
0
professional names for Appraisal

Actually I have more than a couple that will be getting sold in the short term but am particularly interested in opinions on a few to start:

EconomicDevelopment.com
(thought to salable to state ED agencies/firms)

OurClients.com
(thought to salable to ad agencies/firms)

HuntingCountry.com
FishingCountry.com

Would be interested in a real work assessment as the appraisal services are sometimes suspect in my opinion.

Thanks everyone.

Forgot to mention that due to the campaign year in the US... we are actively targeting the GOP and Kerry campaigns as possible sales for the ED domain... but am interested in the opinions of what we may expect or shouldnt expect in value.

thanks again everyone
 
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I like the ED .com - nice name.

Value? Who knows, but it's certainly in the $XXX range
I would guess... probably a lot higher via a broker or large
domain selling site like SEDO/AFTERNIC/EBAY etc.

Good luck.
 
0
•••
HuntingCountry.com
FishingCountry.com

Are great domains. Over $500 at retail. Each
 
0
•••
Thanks for replying guys. It will be interesting to see how the appraisals stand against the results. We already have mid $x,xxx for each without the serious push to market them. We are hopeful for low to mid $xx,xxx for the ED domain by including a few others along the same subject with it.

But it is definitely interesting to hear the opinions here!
Keep em coming!

Thanks
Snowman
 
0
•••
To be honest, they are definately not worth over 1k, I would say maybe low $XXX thats about it. There is no way you will sell them for low to mid $xx,xxx EconomicDevelopment.com is a long .com and is even a little tricky for typing.
But goodluck anyway.
Will
 
0
•••
business names makes lot of $$$
 
0
•••
Well, at first glance it seems that the current ability to sell them for mid $xxxx looks good then.

It was in interesting dilemma as the more specific the name the tighter the market but the more generic names have more value but marketing them is a much larger task.

I am still interesting in all and any feedback. It really is nice getting a real world & unbiased opinion for sure.

So far I thinking once we get the 5x mark for the ED domain (if) I will be inclined to call it there.

The other ones (and there others I have not listed) will likely hit the 4x range (low to mid is what it looks like).

Does make me feel a bit better about seemingly getting more than they might be appraised for.

Good comments... Keep em coming :)

Snowman
Thanks

BTW, just for fun in this thread... we sold one a domain a couple of years back... a domain that i would have NEVER really placed much value on and they came in with mid 5x offer... we settled for $85k.

Ahhh if only those days were still around huh ;)
it just goes to show you that the most important appraisal is from the company that buys it. :)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Originally posted by Banjo
To be honest, they are definately not worth over 1k, I would say maybe low $XXX thats about it. There is no way you will sell them for low to mid $xx,xxx EconomicDevelopment.com is a long .com and is even a little tricky for typing.
But goodluck anyway.
Will

I don't agree. I've just sold a domain 17 character .com, software/developer related name which i sold US$7,000. Our friends here on NP appraised it for low$xx-mid$xx hehe. It's the "enduser" who really buys $$ and I'd didn't had any hassles selling it.
 
0
•••
There is no way to shorten "EconomicDevelopment" (unless you had "ED"). In this case I don't believe the length is much of a negative.

Good-luck with it,
ST
 
0
•••
It's the "enduser" who really buys $$ and I'd didn't had any hassles selling it.


How true it is.

I have sold some domains that were valued on NP at $0 to low $xx for mid $xxx

It's all a matter of being patient and finding the right buyer for the domain.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by HHDomains
How true it is.
I have sold some domains that were valued on NP at $0 to low $xx for mid $xxx
It's all a matter of being patient and finding the right buyer for the domain.

Yes, time, patience, work... but sometimes, luck strikes like lightning. I haven't had a sale to a wholeseller/reseller. I'm just surprised when everytime my inbox has a new "acquisition offer" email, a buyer from the billion population who will "PAY" for whatever price you set. Well, I think I'm just lucky. Thanks God.

PS

time, patience, work, money, prayer = sales$
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back