Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Problems with hover background image in IE 6

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Watch

Master_Kale

New Member
Impact
0
I'm coding my site in XHTML with CSS.

A class I made has a background image with no repeat and aligned right, but only when the mouse hovers over it:

.w3type{color: black; background-color: #FFCE6B;}

.w3type:hover{color: white; background-color: red;background-image: url(images/mrgreen.gif); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: right; cursor: pointer;}

This code was applied to a <td> tag, so that you could hover over the table cell and the color of the text and cell would remained changed:

<td width="12.5%" class="w3type">Text here</td>

I use Firefox 0.9.2 as my main browser, and the above CSS code works correctly. However, when i view the page in IE 6 and hover over the text, only the text changes color. The background remains the non-hover color, and the background-image doesn't appear. I have validated both the XHTML and CSS with validators, and they come out perfect. Here's my site, if you want to check it out.

What am I doing wrong? Or is it an IE problem? Thanks for your helpB-)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back