Domain Empire

PR on expired domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
So how do you guys check the PR on expired domains? I thought the PR drops to 0 when the domain expires? Apparently not..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Usually the PR is gone very quickly.

Sorry I dont check domains for PR that much.. perhaps try visiting the domain and see its PR via the google toolbar?
Even then I would check Marketleap to see how many links it has and if they are really quality ones. Usually not.

•••
•••
Re: PR on expired domains?

Originally posted by pimpdaddy
Hi,
So how do you guys check the PR on expired domains? I thought the PR drops to 0 when the domain expires? Apparently not..

Google does strip the PR on dropped domains. About three months ago they didn't but now they do. I usually search for them when they are in redemptionperiod. After they drop I resubmit the name to google for indexing and so far two domains have regained their pre-drop PR.

•••
Google deletes the PR when a domain drop.

•••
Re: Re: PR on expired domains?

Originally posted by acts837
Google does strip the PR on dropped domains. About three months ago they didn't but now they do. I usually search for them when they are in redemptionperiod. After they drop I resubmit the name to google for indexing and so far two domains have regained their pre-drop PR.
interesting :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back