IT.COM

domain Pontiac/Net

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Just picked up this 24 year old domain. Looks as if the previous domain owner was in Lansing, MI.

Thoughts on potential value? TY

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The word means leader / chief. In that respect, I consider it brand worthy

However, what I would say is this word is a very popular / very well known car brand owned by GM (General Motors). They run the "COM". Bit like owning "hummer dot net" as a comparison, again an owned brand. Its a tricky one, IMO

Last edited:
•••
The word means leader / chief. In that respect, I consider it brand worthy

However, what I would say is this word is a very popular / very well known car brand owned by GM (General Motors). They run the "COM". Bit like owning "hummer dot net" as a comparison, again an owned brand. Its a tricky one, IMO
Thanks @jhm I was thinking also that there are two cities named Pontiac in the US and a Canadian municipality:

Pontiac, Michigan - Population around 70k
Pontiac, Illinois - Population around 13k
Pontiac, Quebec - Population around 7k

Would you consider I do a "Make Offer" approach?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @jhm I was thinking also that there are two cities named Pontiac in the US:

Pontiac, Michigan - Population around 70k
Pontiac, Illinois - Population around 13k

Would you consider I do a "Make Offer" approach?
Good point, there are those GEO's...relatively small populations though. I think the leader / chief recognition is better on it, going by that meaning. If you are in the clear about GM (I don't know, not a trademark expert), I consider it a solid High XXX domain

Last edited:
•••
There is also a Pontiac Indian Tribe
I'd price it low XXXX and see what happens

•••
"Pontiac" is a generic term, but is always likely to be associated with the famous car maker.

As a GEO, it is likely worth somewhere in the low $X,XXX range depending on the buyer.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back