NameSilo

Please review Cheats.SC

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

Full Stack DeveloperVIP Member
Impact
73
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Not bad not bad. I like the idea and the main layout. The actual list of all the cheats is a little on the plain side. Maybe throw in some images or something?
 
0
•••
I think it needs a search field.

I like the layout and the name though
 
0
•••
Oh great call on the Search feature...Defiantly go with that!
 
0
•••
Hey,

I was thinking about images to put beside each of the news/cheats/new cheats but couldn't decide on what.

I'll work on a search feature right now, totally forgot about it.
 
0
•••
Added the search :). Thinking about what I could add to the cheats list page to make it not as bland.
 
0
•••
nice and simple :p
I also like the colourcombination, and the background.
I dont know if my idea might be good, but as you can see the colours are usually used for cartoons (bright) so you might try setting a cartoon sketch filter on the two charcters (sonic and army guy). You can find it on photoshop (try this tutorial: http://www.trap17.com/index.php/turning-image-into-cartoon-style-photoshop_t8438.html) and set them a bit lower.

You also might want to set the margin of your text (left) higher.

Greetz,
Peter
 
0
•••
killay said:
nice and simple :p
I also like the colourcombination, and the background.
I dont know if my idea might be good, but as you can see the colours are usually used for cartoons (bright) so you might try setting a cartoon sketch filter on the two charcters (sonic and army guy). You can find it on photoshop (try this tutorial: http://www.trap17.com/index.php/turning-image-into-cartoon-style-photoshop_t8438.html) and set them a bit lower.

You also might want to set the margin of your text (left) higher.

Greetz,
Peter

Hey,

I'll try that out in a few mins and see how it looks.

What do you mean by the margin of the text?
 
0
•••
well when you click on one of the games, the text is close to the border.
 
0
•••
killay said:
well when you click on one of the games, the text is close to the border.

Oh alright I'll change that :p

Edit:
There :O
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Looks good to me. The logo figures could actually be a tad bit taller and use the given space a bit more, but other than that, the site responds fast, has integrated search, everything's there. (except the favicon ;) )

M.
 
0
•••
Mike said:
Looks good to me. The logo figures could actually be a tad bit taller and use the given space a bit more, but other than that, the site responds fast, has integrated search, everything's there. (except the favicon ;) )

M.

Thanks :)

I was going to change the logo guys but I couldn't remember where I got them :lol:

I'll go make a favicon now.

Edit: Fav icon has been made.

Edit2: Changed the header, hows that :)
 
Last edited:
0
•••
k this is much better.
I might start using your site for using cheats :p
But just out of curiosity, why didn't you use an alfabetic menu (I mean so you can look for games which begins with "b" for example) ?

Oh and i hope you dont mind, but I made the cartoonish style for your header:
http://i13.tinypic.com/6pjfshv.jpg

If you want me to delete it right away just tell me so :p.
It's just that a 3 D character in a 2D environement aint plesant to see.

So you might try it sometimes :p
 
0
•••
killay said:
k this is much better.
I might start using your site for using cheats :p
But just out of curiosity, why didn't you use an alfabetic menu (I mean so you can look for games which begins with "b" for example) ?

Oh and i hope you dont mind, but I made the cartoonish style for your header:
http://i13.tinypic.com/6pjfshv.jpg

If you want me to delete it right away just tell me so :p.
It's just that a 3 D character in a 2D environement aint plesant to see.

So you might try it sometimes :p

Hey,

I don't mind, but to me it just looks blurry.

I can also add in a menu with the alphabet so you can find games that start with just that.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back