NameSilo

domain Please appriase: Will.i.am

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtylerjr

New Member
Impact
0
Does anyone know if this subdomain (Will.i.am) is worth anything?


I picked it up about 6 years ago from I.AM, because my first name is William, and I thought it would be an easy to remember URL.


Right now I use it for my Wildflowers web site, but I am broke and thought I would test the waters. Does anyone think I could get a couple hundred for it? URLS that spell names (including the suffix) cant be all that common, relatively.

I know there is a rap artist, for the group "Black Eyed Peas" who goes by the -name- "will.i.am" - and I think he even owned the url before I did - bu he's not very well known I guess.

Any comments? Or suggestions?
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
i am not fimiluar with i.am domains...
 
0
•••
.am I am familar with which I think is the cctld of Armenia. Extension made popular by famous crack site cracks dot am. The subdomain is not worth anything and I don't advise anybody to develope their main project on a subdomain.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Subdomains are generally not worth much... but, this is a very unique situation.

Your domain is the exact performing name of a musical artist, who actually goes by Will.I.Am (complete with periods).

http://www.exclaim.ca/index.asp?layid=22&csid=6&csid1=920
http://www.bbemusic.com/data.pl?artist=675

So the name is ideal for a fan site, and even more so for his official site. I'm surprised Mr. I.Am doesn't own this.

Overture numbers don't indicate much popularity of this artist and I think that lack of popularity holds back the value of the name more so than it being a subdomain.

~$45-75
 
0
•••
WOW :)
 
0
•••
Thanks for the feedback.
I think that rap artist did own the url at one time - after I acquired it, I did some web searches and found old articles on will.i.am

I wish I could contact mr will.i.am and see if he'd be interested in the url. Im not a 'cyber-squatter' trying to hold out for thousands. Im just trying to make enough to pay rent this month, and selling everything I can think of, including this domain.

I put it on EBAY with a min-bid of $400. Perhaps that was too greedy. I just thought it would be a cool url for someone named William (like me)

The ebay auction ends in about a day and a half. No bids yet.
 
0
•••
Wow! You are creative! Great for personal use, but has little commerical value.
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back