domain Please Appraise HoloHomes (dot)com

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

cabr

Established Member
Impact
4
So, I have received an offer for this name and the buyer's final word is £1XX. I don't know who the buyer is but it seems it might be the person who owns this name in other extensions..
Now, I realize that some people will say its worthless anyway, but as I have mixed feelings about this one I would like to ask those who are into this kind of names for their advice whether I should let it go now at this price or hold on to it for another couple of years.

Any opinions most appreciated,

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Close
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I think counter with a a prcei you are happy with? Maybe started at $1500 and see where it goes?

I have quite a few holo names and I have seen the name of your buyer around before....

Good luck, let us know how it goes
 
0
Close
Well, I have countered with a price I would be happy with... but the thing is that the buyer says the £1xx is his final offer (the initial offer was 25% lower) so if I'll counter again he'll probably back off. And from experience I know that sending "holo" domains to an auction doesn't exactly catch much interest.. but that's what I'll do anyway if I decide to let it go... As I said before, I have mixed feelings about this name and I'm just hesitating whether I should sell it at this (or not much higher) price lol
 
0
Close
Sorry, I missed the "final word" bit, I would hold onto the name in that case and see what happens

Holograms have not made it mainstream yet but its its on its way so its probably too early to sell the names anyway, and that would be the main reason that "holo" names sent to auction at this stage are not fetching decent prices. It will increase in years to come, so you have to be patient with "future trend" domains
 
0
Close
I someone contacted me first i would bump it up higher than that even if i thought the name was crap so dont feel bad.

the net and org of HoloHomes is not developed so perhaps they have future plans and your slowing them down.

Some times its good to ignore people. Perhaps just dont write them back and be the person that doesnt need to sell

Sending it to auction is a waist of time in my opinion.

On the other hand if your underwater in your domains its hard to say no if you need the money bad.

On name alone its a take the offer. Goodluck
 
0
Close
Sending it to auction is a waist of time in my opinion.

On the other hand if your underwater in your domains its hard to say no if you need the money bad.
Thanks for your views guys.
I have just send the domain to a Sedo auction. Maybe someone will see this as an opportunity for the future and bids.. we'll see.
Anyway, although I don't need the money desperately, I could always use some extra money for other projects. Besides.. if my other "holo" domains (and I have quite a few) turn out to be an epic fail, at least I won't feel bad as the few I sold or will sell offsets the costs somehow.
 
0
Close
It's difficult knowing what to do with future trend domains, obviously you need to be patient but at the same time it's an uncertain future for domainers with the new extensions coming out.

If it covers the reg cost of your other domains and maybe makes a profit I think you've done the right thing accepting.
 
1
Close
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Domain Recover
CryptoExchange.com

NamePros updates

Spatial Sidebar: More consistent display
We fixed some bugs in the Spatial Sidebar. It now displays more consistently across browsers and should perform better. If you use it...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back