IT.COM

domain playworld.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Terry1234

Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a good name, Terry.. :)

There are plenty of applications for a name like this, and it could easily sell for US$5000 to the right buyer.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,

•••
I like it too, low $x,xxx

•••
I think it`s a nice name - in my view minimum mid $x,xxx and up

Good luck

•••
I agree. Very good name! Where will you market it?

•••
I agree this name could be worth $xxxx if there wasn't any trademark issue.
But unfortunately I found at least one exact match when searching for trademarks.
Also, I found a company which is using the terms: "Playworld", you can google it.
I suggest to check if there is a trademark which is confusingly similar or identical to your domain name.
If there is indeed a trademark, it will be best to just drop the domain name.

Good luck

•••
I agree this name could be worth $xxxx if there wasn't any trademark issue.
But unfortunately I found at least one exact match when searching for trademarks.
Also, I found a company which is using the terms: "Playworld", you can google it.
I suggest to check if there is a trademark which is confusingly similar or identical to your domain name.
If there is indeed a trademark, it will be best to just drop the domain name.

Good luck

This domain is older (from 1997) than the trademark (from 2005), so I´m not sure about trademark issue here?

•••
This domain is older (from 1997) than the trademark (from 2005), so I´m not sure about trademark issue here?
~I'm not a lawyer and I can't provide legal advice~
If the OP is not the original registrant, that could be a problem.
Also, Registering a domain name gives no trademark rights.
There is also the matter of bad and good faith.
If he owned the domain prior to their usage(not the filing date), The registration itself is not a bad faith as far as I know.
For example, if someone is trying to sell a domain name which is infringing a trademark, this could
result to a UDRP.
This subject is complicated but if there is even a small risk, it's best to consult with experts and if necessary drop the domain name and lose few dollars instead of thousands.

Last edited:
•••
Again, not a lawyer.

It seems like Playworld is a live trademark for a manufacturer of playground equipment. That does not cover a place that would like to open with playground equipment for kids to enter and their parents to enjoy a beer while their kids play (as an example, Chuck E. Cheese's).

I like it, minimum low-mid $$$$+ as this could be a business name recognized for a place to go and have fun for kids (around the world or just in one area).

•••
Nice name. I would hold out for low 5 figures. If you want to sell immediately, higher 4 figures. My opinion, anyway.

Be careful of trademark issues. Dropping the name would be excessive though. The term is used by several different companies. Just tread carefully, and
dont allow parking companies to place ads on it.

•••
Price range in $$$$ to the right buyer.

•••
~I'm not a lawyer and I can't provide legal advice~
If the OP is not the original registrant, that could be a problem.
Also, Registering a domain name gives no trademark rights.
There is also the matter of bad and good faith.
If he owned the domain prior to their usage(not the filing date), The registration itself is not a bad faith as far as I know.
For example, if someone is trying to sell a domain name which is infringing a trademark, this could
result to a UDRP.
This subject is complicated but if there is even a small risk, it's best to consult with experts and if necessary drop the domain name and lose few dollars instead of thousands.

I`m not a trademark expert or lawyer, but as David pointed out this name can bee used in other areas than the current trademark owner - I still think this is a minimum $5000 name and if I was the owner I would be careful but never think about drop it

•••
Again, not a lawyer.

It seems like Playworld is a live trademark for a manufacturer of playground equipment. That does not cover a place that would like to open with playground equipment for kids to enter and their parents to enjoy a beer while their kids play (as an example, Chuck E. Cheese's).

Good point David, wish more around here would understand this fact!!!

•••
I may be wrong about the trademark and it's consequences, as I said earlier, not a lawyer.
When I'm entering the website it says: Account suspended.
I'm not sure what this means and if it is connected to the above trademark issues.
Anyway, it will be great to receive an answer from the OP, regarding this fact.
This is a nice domain name, worth mid $xxxx and if there are no issues, good luck in selling it :)

•••
Good point David, wish more around here would understand this fact!!!

Its not that "more around here" understand this fact or not its just "more around here" use the trademark talk as an attack weapon mostly when it suits them. Its a an attempt to paint you as an unethical domainer with no knowledge of the law and they the good guy with a google-like knowledge of the industry. With emphasis on mostly.

What David has done is to see it from a balanced point of view. I am inclined to agree with him. I guessed there might be some TM issues with the name but like he and some others pointed out, depending on the use to which the name is put there shouldnt be a problem.

I would put an offer price of 10k looking to sell around the 5k-6k mark

•••
$xx,xxx to the right buyer.

the website shows :
This Account Has Been Suspended?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back