IT.COM

.tv PGA.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ATL.tv

atl.tvEstablished Member
Impact
i've already been through the whole trademark infringement with espn regarding another domain so i learned about acronyms and trademarks. an acronym is an acronym no matter if someone has a particular version of it trademarked...

anyhow, what do y'all think?
I bought it for my Pixel Graphics Animation company, but thought others might be interested in it as well...

I also bought USC.tv and SCORES.tv and will be closing on one more tomorrow. hopefully the last one for the year.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
aaamaretto said:
i've already been through the whole trademark infringement with espn regarding another domain so i learned about acronyms and trademarks.

Cool, does that mean I'm off the hook for LPGA.tv??? Nice Buy BTW!

•••
lpga is good too, probably a WHOLE lot cheaper to reg than mine!

•••
aaamaretto said:
lpga is good too, probably a WHOLE lot cheaper to reg than mine!

If you payed more than $31.45 you'd be correct!
:hehe:

•••
nice snag, hold on to that one.

•••
USC great buy been looking at for a year usually has ovt with ext so you will get some traffic.

•••
so you're regging all these premium 3 letters :P must be a massive bill @ $750 a pop :P

•••
if you buy several and reg for 2+ years, .tv gives you a pretty good break (50+% discount)...
any of these 3 character .tv's i've purchased should be able to generate enough $$$ in click through traffic to justify their expense. we all have dreams of buying a sub $7 domain and one day selling for $XX,XXX+, i just see a better opportunity paying a little more for premium now and waiting for this extension to catch on.

Last edited:
•••
Well known names. And, if what you say on the TM issue holds... Well played!

I can see *them* (or sportscasting co's) coming to $ecure *their* property(ies) / brand/s as the desktop & mobile TV markets unfold.

•••
eyedomainous said:
Well known names. And, if what you say on the TM issue holds... Well played!

I can see *them* (or sportscasting co's) coming to $ecure *their* property(ies) / brand/s as the desktop & mobile TV markets unfold.
he's definitely right... whoever is going to buy it from you will want to market pga stuff etc which pga will then bring the hammer down on the new owner.... not a good choice in my opinion.

•••
This is a tough one! Ordinarily, I'd say "trademark infringement", but then I saw the website at ibm.tv. Don't know what that site is about, but it's definitely not computers.

What I would suggest is that you slap together a NEW website IMMEDIATELY. The one you have currently doesn't help your case.

•••
that is just the default (verisign) .tv parked page displayed now... i have nothing to do with it.
there are 3 active trademark holders for "pga".

1.) Word Mark PGA Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: semi-finished and finished contact lenses, contact lens cases, and printed guides for fitting semi-finished and finished contact lenses sold as a unit.

2.) IC 035. US 101. G & S: EMPLOYMENT AGENCY SERVICE IN FINDING PROFESSIONAL GOLFING JOBS FOR PROFESSIONAL GOLFERS.

3.) G & S: INSTRUCTING IN THE GAME OF GOLF AND FOR AN ENTERTAINMENT SERVICE IN THE NATURE OF GOLFING EXHIBITIONS.

My use has nothing to do with any of the above mentioned entities.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not an attorney, so perhaps I'm incorrect in what I'm about to say. But what the heck...

Although your intentional use has nothing to do with golf, your parked page has everything to do with it, even though it's Verisign that put it up there. Remember, you've got the ability to go in to your account and point the name to wherever you want. By letting it stay parked at a "golf" page, you're giving the PGA (golf folks) ammunition.

•••
actually, at this point i can't redirect it... verisign has it "locked" (saying i must reg another year to unlock it) which is an error, when i reg'd it, i paid 2 years. i'm waiting for them to get back to me and unlock it.
and yes, when this is possible, i will redirect it :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back