OVT is crazy?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

monRa

VIP Member
Impact
23
Hello,
when i serach in http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/ for "news and media" i get the results this:
Searches done in August 2005
Count Search Term
2129614 news and media
1806 computer security news and media
995 news media newspaper
962 arabic media and news

but if i got down to the page i see this:
119 crime news and media
119 europe ireland media news radio regional
115 news and media
113 news media romania
what's going on?
thanks
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I must say I dont understand your question really? :( These OVT results look standard.
 
0
•••
hookah said:
I must say I dont understand your question really? :( These OVT results look standard.

2129614 news and media
115 news and media

D-:
 
0
•••
maybe its with a space bar after "news and media"
 
0
•••
Ok, but sometimes if you serach "news and media" you get 2 millions too?
because some times i see there 2 millions for "media news". For example i just sreahed again for " news and media" an dnow i get this:
Searches done in August 2005
Count Search Term
2129614 media news
1806 computer media news security
995 media news newspaper
962 arabic media news
956 media news philippine
??
 
0
•••
i cant beleive i was right !
try news and media with a space bar at the end
 
0
•••
Yes when i do a space bar at the ned i get media news and when not i get news and media?
What does that means?
 
0
•••
you are right OVT is crazy. when i type some one typo word to search, it is changing this word into a right word and giving me ovt of this right words results, which i dont need at all.
 
0
•••
which word gugush ?
 
0
•••
My problem is which is the REAL term serached 2 million times???
NEws and media or media news??
 
0
•••
can somebody explain ? :hi:
 
0
•••
I think

I think ovt is ignoring "and", "in", etc, just as google does. Also the plurals.
I have a domain "personsfinder.com"- for example. If I go to overture, it will change the "persons" to "person", because for the engine the plural is the same with singular in a search. Google - for example- is a different story. It does differentiate between plural and singular.
Just my 2c.
 
0
•••
Ok i get it! So the 2 million searches are for the media news :(
 
0
•••
You will never know what the 2 million searches are for. It's likely there are many searches combined and grouped under that number. It is, after all, a “keyword selector tool”, not a “check what people searched for so I can register a name tool” :)
 
0
•••
The problem is i don't know what to do! Develop the domain or not!
If 120 people search for it each montyh i don't see any value developing it but if it's 2 million it sure does! But i think the right is that:

119 crime news and media
119 europe ireland media news radio regional
115 news and media
113 news media romania
 
0
•••
They're pretty much the same though, so if you develop one or the other you're going to have the same keywords.
 
0
•••
monRa said:
The problem is i don't know what to do! Develop the domain or not!
If 120 people search for it each montyh i don't see any value developing it but if it's 2 million it sure does! But i think the right is that:

119 crime news and media
119 europe ireland media news radio regional
115 news and media
113 news media romania
Not trying to flog a dead horse here, but it's a “keyword selector tool”, not a “should I develop a name tool”. Overture results may or may not be useful for certain things, but deciding whether to develop a name can be a complex process.

First, what is the name? is it newsandmedia.com, is it news-and-media.org.in, or is it something unrelated that you just think fits with that key phrase?

I think the key stats would be what sort of traffic it gets. If it's getting a few dozen typeins a day at Sedo then it's probably worth developing. But I think the key issue would be what are your development costs going to be vs the revenue you can make from developing it. I've seen plenty of names that make more parked at a PPC service than developed. I've even seen some developed sites that have been dumped and the name parked because it could make more money that way.
 
0
•••
those are secondary inter-related results.
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back