It has been parked previously but I don't recall any significant earnings above a few dollars here and there. Not really anything I would consider relevant. Type-in traffic for generic .us properties is still minimal and any older bookmark or referral traffic is unlikely to have much commercial intent as it was an industry news site.
Not afford to buy Insurance.us but agree with you
"Many in the domain industry blamed the slow growth on the poor marketing of Neustar. I believe it was a combination of a lack of marketing along with the dominant popularity of .com in the country."
Best of luck with the sale
Also, thanks to those that have gotten in touch. I want to add that the asking price listed is not a BIN. This is posted elsewhere and will be moving to auction later today or tomorrow.
With the slow start of .US as mentioned in the thread there aren't a lot of historical high-end sales. With the recent growth in registrations and dilution of relevance to gTLDs outside of .com I feel like historical .net and .org sales are likely better comps moving forward.
That said, here are a few reported .US sales via NameBio