NameSilo

Online Dating - Does it work?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

DN BROKER

VIP Member
Impact
169
For the first time im chatting with a Women on msn , we met today and we have been chatting on msn for 8 hours... we have so much in common...

will i be disapointed when we meet in person?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
have you spoken on the telephone?

Cheers
Corey
 
0
•••
For the first time im chatting with a Women on msn , we met today and we have been chatting on msn for 8 hours... we have so much in common...

will i be disapointed when we meet in person?
Trust me, get a pic! When I was single and younger, ahhh..., I found out the hard way that a sweet voice and pleasant chatting, IS NOT the way you see it in your head. Don't succumb to 'fantasy expectations'. Get a pic!
 
Last edited:
0
•••
have you spoken on the telephone?

Cheers
Corey

no not yet..

seen a pic of her ---

we have been honest about our flaws and good things....

ive been single for 11 years, its been a long time....

i got up today and posted my pic send out few messages and here we are.... and i really like her attitude.... i guess the next step is meeting in person...

hmmmm.... why is finding a women so hard... i'm to shy to walk toward them on the street - i don't know time flies as you can see my shyness has kept me single for way to long.. before you know it i'm to old to date. lol
 
0
•••
I believe it's possible to meet someone online and have things work out but be smart about it.. make sure you meet in person before using the "L" word. You really can't get to know someone well over the Net ot telephone.
 
0
•••
I think it can :)

I'm in a long distance relationship now that started out as only online basically. If your being honest to the other person and everything then theirs nothing to really fear. Yes theirs always the chance when you meet them they are not who they say they are but everything has its inherited risks.

Everything turned out okay for me when I met her :P (She'll probably read this xD HI!)
 
0
•••
I met someone after talking a year online.. we met in person and eventually ended up together for 4 1/2 years before splitting up.. so it can work for some. I still prefer to meet in person tho.
 
0
•••
This works because my friend met his husband online. They are happy together with 2 kids now. Btw, Where is the girl from? :)
 
0
•••
no not yet..

seen a pic of her ---

we have been honest about our flaws and good things....

ive been single for 11 years, its been a long time....

i got up today and posted my pic send out few messages and here we are.... and i really like her attitude.... i guess the next step is meeting in person...

hmmmm.... why is finding a women so hard... i'm to shy to walk toward them on the street - i don't know time flies as you can see my shyness has kept me single for way to long.. before you know it i'm to old to date. lol

Only picture is not enough, you should meet her. Best of luck.
 
0
•••
It worked for me some nice times before I went to the dentist and that dentist became my wife :)

From my expirience pic is not enough. Before the real meeting look at her in the skype for example, make sure it is she on the picture.
Maybe it sounds not good but there are really many people in network who are using the pics of someone else.

And after that - of course offline meeting.

Good luck!
 
0
•••
Of course pic is not enough. Try to have a (video)conversation by phone/Skype and then meet in real life :)
 
0
•••
I got that feeling to that a pic doesn't really show the real you. I spoke to the her on the phone. I had this vision in my head about her and when we spoke everything changed. To be honest this online dating thing is a bit scary. Not sure if I want to take this route.
 
0
•••
I got that feeling to that a pic doesn't really show the real you. I spoke to the her on the phone. I had this vision in my head about her and when we spoke everything changed. To be honest this online dating thing is a bit scary. Not sure if I want to take this route.

It's okay to try, but don't fall harder :) Know the person first :)
 
0
•••
Take your time, get to know her, see where it goes. If it seems like there's potential, try to meet in person (better sooner than later).

Beware of any sob stories with a request for money. Sadly, there are plenty of scammers who prey on people looking for relationships - women AND men.
 
0
•••
You should give it a try, you have nothing to lose. Just watch out to don't fall hard for her :)
 
0
•••
I got that feeling to that a pic doesn't really show the real you. I spoke to the her on the phone. I had this vision in my head about her and when we spoke everything changed. To be honest this online dating thing is a bit scary. Not sure if I want to take this route.

I haven't used online dating sites in a while, but I did for a couple of years (on and off) and it was a really good experience.

I preferred not to email/call for ages before meeting because you never really know until you actually meet someone, and what I found worked best was simply to arrange to meet for a coffee and take it from there. That way there is a lot less pressure and expectation.

Don't sweat it, if you get on with her that's great, if not it's good dating practice to get you a bit more confident meeting women again.

If you are a bit shy, maybe memorize a few questions or stories you can fall back on. And aside from dating, try to get in the habit of making light smalltalk with the people you come across in day to day life.

Don't stress, and good luck!
 
0
•••
Good luck with that mate :)
I've both met the good and the bad, finally I've settled with my current fiancée, whom I've known through FB :)
 
0
•••
thanks everyone for your positive feedback :)
 
0
•••
It certainly can work; just be careful of the problem of "false intimacy" in online communications. Think of how easy it is to misunderstand intent and context in a forum thread ... the same thing applies to e-mails, IM, and any other medium in which direct contact is removed from communication.

You and your friend should definitely meet up sometime -- be open to the possibilities, and don't forget that even if it doesn't turn into "the real thing" any positive relationship in your life is a good thing. We're all so connected in this day and age that we tend to overlook actually connecting with each other.


Frank
 
0
•••
Ive decided to update my profile and post a description of how I view life in a short description and my opinion on women.

Surprisingly my page visits have increased 1000% and rising.

Im tired of silly headlines and mind games these girls play so I spoke the truth and now they love me more. LOL

thespecsaverseffect.jpg
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back