Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

OFFICIAL 5000th Member Contest Thread

SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
10
This is the Official 5000th Member Contest Thread. The rules have changed a little since previous contests so please read.

RULES AND REGULATIONS:
-You can only pick one date.
-You must submit your date BEFORE the member total passes 4,800 (This means any entries after 4,800 wont be accepted)
-Only one person per date.
-Winner recieves the entire pot of namepros money.
-If no one lands on the exact date of the 5,000th member then the money will go to the closest date AFTER the 5,000th member.
-There is no entry fee, but a donation of 50 NP or higher is suggested to help increase the pot size. Tips are also encouraged, but please signify how much is for the donation and vice versa.

CURRENT LIST OF DONATIONS:
Darkfire001 - $100NP
Coolhost - $250 NP
Johnn- $100 NP
smh7233 - $250 NP
THESOTKIE - $25 NP
DOTBiz - $50 NP

Total Pot: 1000$NP

List of Dates Picked:
DotBiz - Febuary 27th
Anthony - Febuary 28th
Lord - Febuary 29th
Johnn- March 1st
TheStokie - March 3rd
AKATolken - March 5th
Bill1- March 8th
Darkfire001 - March 9th
CoolGuy - March 10th
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hurry up folks, 4762 members already registered!
 
0
•••
Some more updates :) Were at $1000 NP, My date has changed from the 28th of March to the 9th of march, and total member are at 4,772 so hurry and submit your dates :) Remember dates can only be modifiefd or added until we hit the big 4800.
 
0
•••
0
•••
I'm going to guess 2/28 :)
 
0
•••
At 4799 i'm changinging to 2/27

4801
 
Last edited:
0
•••
8 th march
 
0
•••
this race is getting tight
 
0
•••
All dates are in and set in stone.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by dotBIZ
At 4799 i'm changinging to 2/27

4801

Sniper!
 
0
•••
4,836 Members :) Going up fast.
 
0
•••
march 4th
 
0
•••
Originally posted by edyonline
march 4th

Too late, it seems. Check the rules up top...
 
0
•••
Past 4,900 Members, whoa rapid growth :) Maybe next time well make the cut off 4,750 members and start at 4,500 Members to better compensate for the time it takes.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by Darkfire001
Past 4,900 Members, whoa rapid growth :) Maybe next time well make the cut off 4,750 members and start at 4,500 Members to better compensate for the time it takes.
It's called maybe a learning curve ,maybe next time!!! :D
 
Last edited:
0
•••
4,940 Members, Whoa lol.
 
0
•••
Originally posted by Darkfire001
Past 4,900 Members, whoa rapid growth :) Maybe next time well make the cut off 4,750 members and start at 4,500 Members to better compensate for the time it takes.

Definately.. even I missed the cut off date at 4800 as I was thinking about what date to choose. Starting the official thread earlier should help. :)

RJ
 
0
•••
Everytime we have a contest, the number of registered users are double or triple the normal daily average!!!

Mystery?

Anyway, I think it's good to keep having the contest for every 1000th so we have more members.

Unless someone can explain, it's a mystery to me because I'm sure that RJ checked for phony users with same IP address!

John
 
0
•••
Originally posted by johnn
Everytime we have a contest, the number of registered users are double or triple the normal daily average!!!
Mystery?
Anyway, I think it's good to keep having the contest for every 1000th so we have more members.
Unless someone can explain, it's a mystery to me because I'm sure that RJ checked for phony users with same IP address!
John
John you've been here (on this forum)longer than me... do think someone would spend the time and resources to run up a memberlist for the cost of a renewal or two?I personaly have had offers on names of $5k plus 5 years ago that I didn't accept that are UNREGISTERED NOW ..trends change , it's a GREAT FORUM HERE to keep abreast of the industry news and get leads,insights from other domainers.
I'm a "oldtimer" that every name was worth $5K ++++. through posts I've learned the enduser route..contacting them instead of waiting for them to do WHOIS search.. I learned about sedo.. fabulous etc..
I don't think people are running up members..I think people are just wanting to learn..or relearn..
 
0
•••
dotBIZ, I think you're going to take this one ;)
 
0
•••
I don't really have the answer.

Just check the memberlist and see how many people register and how many of them posted?

John
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back