NameSilo

domain Officespace.es

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Obviously it's an English word with a Spanish TLD - but I think it makes sense. This can surely be a site for business people (entrepreneurs, startups etc.) looking for office space in Spain. What do you guys think OfficeSpace.es might be worth?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe I am too much of a domainer but it lookes too much like a failed hack to me Officespac.es And office space, i would say is totally in the dumps right now. I would rather have the regfee when all things on this is considered

•••
Too much of a domainer is correct lol. I didn't even think about a domain hack when I registered this name. Just the keywords and the potential for development. At $10 per click developing a site around it is the way to go. Thanks for your opinion. More opinions please.

•••
I think the term would work with some other extensions(.com, org, .net), but I dont see any value with the .es extension. Most decent value sales with this extension are in spanish.

By the way, I thanked johname because he thought it was a hack at first glance. I thought the exact same thing. :)

•••
Maybe I am too much of a domainer but it lookes too much like a failed hack to me Officespac.es And office space, i would say is totally in the dumps right now. I would rather have the regfee when all things on this is considered

I must admit that's the first thing I thought as well and I'm a domaining newbie.

Does it have potential? Meh, the economy in Spain is pretty terrible at the moment, I don't think many people will want it, but on the other hand, you only need one person to want it. ;)

•••
Maybe it's just me but I think you guys are thinking really really small. I hope no offense is taken. I know this name has value but I just wanted to see what others would say.

•••
If you think this domain has value, again you are someone else who wants an appraisal but does not like the response.

Sorry, but unless the domain is a good domain, nobody is going to jump up and shout.

Maybe, just maybe, if you sell to someone in spain?

Otherwise, I see nothing to want me to ever want to bid on, buy, or trade.

•••
I'm not looking for jumping and shouting dawg :). You are right though I don't like the responses lol - I'm amazed at the responses. There is still money to be made in Real Estate even in tough economies... all is not lost. People are still looking for office space to rent.

•••
Like the great depression, only the rich could afford the real estate and could afford holding onto that real estate for years.

And not true then and not true today, about people needing office space.

Now if you want to hang onto this domain for a few years, or develop it (best right now), go for it.

•••
huh? what do you mean people don't need office space? Can you elaborate a little? lol So all those sites that list office space for rent what?

•••
Anyways, I am done as you have made up your mind that all of us no nothing about appraising domains, especially yours.

•••
huh? what do you mean people don't need office space? Can you elaborate a little? lol So all those sites that list office space for rent what?

Here it is in a nut shell:

The .es extension is the ccTLD for Spain. You term "office space" is in english.

Most businesses and companies utilizing the .es extension are of the Spanish decent not American.

So this name will be a very hard sell to an end-user when they are replying to you in Spanish.

Now if you had EspacioOficina.es I would say it has potential. But the reality is your name does not fit the extension at all.

IMHO

•••
Again... I'm going to quote myself "I think you guys are thinking really really small. I hope no offense is taken."

I'm well aware it's in English with a Spanish extension. Has it ever occurred to anyone that there are people and professionals in Spain that speak English? (Many of them even better than we do) that would create such a site with the .es tld? Look at an established site like Runners.es for example... isn't that an English word with a .es tld? RealEstate.es - I'm sure there are more examples. So how can you say "But the reality is your name does not fit the extension at all." I'm sorry, but that was absurd.

•••
Again... I'm going to quote myself "I think you guys are thinking really really small. I hope no offense is taken."

No offense is taken, but I feel your thinking is REALLY BIG.

Here are some past .es sales:

Pregnant.es = $79
Tomato.es = $230
HomeDesign.es = $111

Those are a few of the ones i could find in English.

So how would "OfficeSpace.es" compare to those names?

Doesn't look good.

We are all just giving you apprasials based on our thoughts combined with past and present sales.

•••
Domain: Officespace.es

Reg. date: 2012-07-30
Exp. date: 2013-07-30

You hand reg it?

"realestate" not the best compareable as domainers would get into a knife fight to own realestate followed by anything. Runners dot es is short for runners world maybe a world brand. Isnt Spain the next worst finacial euro country after Greece? and in need of bailouts. I would rather have the reg money than wait for them to recover and have a great need for office space and have them want it in English. Your more than welcome to offer up close comparable, I know I cant find good enough ones. If you look at the supposed top 50 es sales of the last 3 years(i looked at each year) it drops to $100 in the 40's and it dominated by Spanish words with a sprinkle of one word English terms like vodka(which is probably vodka in any langue lol) and hacks.

Its a nice keyword but cashing out is not easy enough to give it a stone cold appraisal value much over what you payed for it in my opinion

FranksRentACar.es sold for $106 a few years ago so anything can happen.

Develop it for English speaking carpet baggers looking to start up shop in Spain! (really)

No hard feelings, Goodluck

Last edited:
•••
I hand regged it, yes.

Well if you compare the 2 phrases on 'Google Insights' you will see that 'Office Space' is much more popular Internationally than "Home Design"

Just because a site has a .es TLD does not mean it has to be all about Spain either keep in mind. Now, there are less searches for 'Office Space' in Spain than there is for 'Home Design' but "Office Space" wins Globally, hands down. And not that I swear by Estibot.com but - even there the estimated value of OfficeSpace.es is way higher than HomeDesign.es. OfficeSpace.es - $6,300 - HomeDesign.es - $600...

Now, why HomeDesign.es only sold for $111 is beyond me - could have gotten way more.

There are a few things I can do: Hold onto this name for a while, develop it, try and sell it to the .com version holder.

AND LOL! FrankRentACar.es :)

I'm tired Zzzzzzzzz...

No hard feelings to you and to everyone.

•••
Just because a site has a .es TLD does not mean it has to be all about Spain either keep in mind.

Not for all things I agree, but with a domain like OfficeSpace.es you generally focus on just Spain.
Anybody looking for office spain on google generally won't check Spanish websites.
In fact, I think most people will specify the region in their search.

And not that I swear by Estibot.com but - even there the estimated value of OfficeSpace.es is way higher than HomeDesign.es. OfficeSpace.es - $6,300 - HomeDesign.es - $600...

I just checked the estibot value of the other examples given in this topic:
pregnant.es - $18k. It's currently a parked domain.
tomato.es - $2.7k. It's currently a one page website with a 25 minute timer 'app'.

A simple google search, 'office space spain' and 'office space' with region set to spain, does reveal some websites which could be potential end users, including English .es websites about office space, like instant-offices.es, officesmadrid.es
However, there's not an awful lot of them.

On a side note, apparently office space is also a 1999 movie by the creators of Beavis and Butt-head. :o

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back