Not open for further replies.

mahendraparab

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys,

Please appraise nygara.com

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless it has some meaning that I don't understand, I don't think it has any value.

It's somewhat hard to pronounce, sounds a little bit offensive when you do, the spelling is difficult to remember and it's available in pretty much any extension.

Sorry.

•••
Unless it has some meaning that I don't understand, I don't think it has any value.

It's somewhat hard to pronounce, sounds a little bit offensive when you do, the spelling is difficult to remember and it's available in pretty much any extension.

Sorry.
No problem. I think it can be brandable.

•••
No problem. I think it can be brandable.

Just a warning that the first bit (nygar) sounds uncomfortably close to a racial slur. For a company targeting English speaking audiences this name would be a disaster. For non-english speakers the name may well be fine. Although with commercial rap having popularised the phrase I'm referring to internationally, even that might be a problem.

Last edited:
•••
Just a warning that the first bit (nygar) sounds uncomfortably close to a racial slur. For a company targeting English speaking audiences this name would be a disaster. For non-english speakers the name may well be fine. Although with commercial rap having popularised the phrase I'm referring to internationally, even that might be a problem.
Oh.. I didn't think of that angle. Thanks for the information..

•••
Hi..

I have just found out below explanation for the word nygar:

A rare South African bird known for its speed, elusiveness, aggressiveness, and bright red plumage.

Need more reviews on this.

Last edited:
•••
Submit it to the brandable marketplaces (BrandBucket, BrandPa, Namerific). If accepted, I’d say the price will be in the X,XXX range.

•••
Submit it to the brandable marketplaces (BrandBucket, BrandPa, Namerific). If accepted, I’d say the price will be in the X,XXX range.
Thanks @Neal Grayson . I had submitted it to brandbucket, it is rejected.

•••
Thanks @Neal Grayson . I had submitted it to brandbucket, it is rejected.
I don’t prefer BrandBucket, but it’s popular so I mention it. BrandPa, Namerific, and SquadHelp have approved names rejected by them. Try those.

•••
I don’t prefer BrandBucket, but it’s popular so I mention it. BrandPa, Namerific, and SquadHelp have approved names rejected by them. Try those.
I haven't tried others, will surely try now.

•••
Agree with @whenpillarsfall as far as the potentially offensive pronunciation is concerned. I can't imagine any Western-speaking company/end-user picking this up, as it could negatively affect any brand reputation they were trying to build.

I scanned over a similar name a couple of weeks ago which was being sold as a brandable for a logistics/delivery service - a play on words of 'pack' with an I on the end - again, despite being short and pronounceable, it'd be career suicide to try and brand on this in the West.

For that reason, I don't see any real value in the name - sorry!

I appreciate that 'Nygar' may have different connotations in South Africa - maybe do a little research and outbound to companies residing there to prove me wrong :xf.smile:

•••
Agree with @whenpillarsfall as far as the potentially offensive pronunciation is concerned. I can't imagine any Western-speaking company/end-user picking this up, as it could negatively affect any brand reputation they were trying to build.

I scanned over a similar name a couple of weeks ago which was being sold as a brandable for a logistics/delivery service - a play on words of 'pack' with an I on the end - again, despite being short and pronounceable, it'd be career suicide to try and brand on this in the West.

For that reason, I don't see any real value in the name - sorry!

I appreciate that 'Nygar' may have different connotations in South Africa - maybe do a little research and outbound to companies residing there to prove me wrong :xf.smile:
Thanks @Netmunch

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back