IT.COM

NP DNA tool

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I just found the DNA tool, and found it quite interested. What are you experiences with it? Does it give you results near what you sell a name for?

It gave me some good results on names that were already appraised fairly high. I am just wondering what your overall view on this tool is?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it's a great tool to give a general value of a domain name, however it can't be completely relied upon either. With any automated appraisal script, it just goes off keywords, traffic, etc and not really for the market value and potential. I plugged in Business.com to see what it says it's worth and it appraised it around $2 million. That's $5.5 million less than what it sold for a few years back. :blink:

I'd just use it as a guide for the value and not rely on it all that much, as that's really what the automated appraisals like that are meant for. A domain is worth as much as someone's willing to pay for it. :tu:

•••
i think that for the higher end of the domains it is good, but for crap domains not as well.

•••
Well I just tested it on CoverageArea.com and got around the same results as I got from appraisals here, so it seems like its fairly accurate.

Nice tool :)

•••
On general domains it's accurate. On premiums it's not. Actually I have tested it a few times, it usaually stays slightly higher or on the high side of a human apprasial.

•••
ChrisVirtue said:
I'd just use it as a guide for the value and not rely on it all that much, as that's really what the automated appraisals like that are meant for. A domain is worth as much as someone's willing to pay for it. :tu:

Exactly. It can give a general idea of value based of certain factors, but it won't know if there's a buyer out there that's willing to overpay for a domain by $5.5 million.

•••
RJ can you add a link to this under the Domain Tools above please?

•••
yes, you never know what the end user will pay

•••
:talk: I heard rumors of a version 2.0. Any truth??

•••
yandig said:
:talk: I heard rumors of a version 2.0. Any truth??
just as -RJ-!

•••
I'm porting it over to vBulletin 3.0 right now but not making many changes in how it works or comes up with prices.

One of the features I may add is the ability to '"record" an appraisal so you can share your appraisals with others.

•••
OK thanks -RJ-
It's a great tool!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back