IT.COM

analysis Nonsensical domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VivifyDomains

journey-x.comEstablished Member
Impact
Are nonsensical domain names more desirable at times?

For example I saw this recent sale of khzna in (.) Com but I really can't make sense of it. Not able to find any meaning of it unless its a typo domain? It has bunch of backinks but the spam score is 44.

Does this still make it worth it? I've basically been ignoring any domain with a spam score above 1. Is this a mistake?

Post in thread 'Report Completed Domain Name Sales Here' https://www.namepros.com/threads/report-completed-domain-name-sales-here.83628/post-8901032

The only good thing I can see about it is that it is short (5 chars) and the backlinks but I feel like that's completely negated by the spam score. Am I misunderstanding this?

I have a couple of similar domains but they make sense and are in a niche. Eg. XRjog and XRemt (both com also) and have a spam score of 1, and there actually exist XR related products for jogging and emts as well. Seemingly no interest in these though. I have others as well in a similar situation but I won't post everything.

Appreciate any insights on this

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Greetings, Vivify Domains,

I guess it may be a short form of 'khazana', a popular name in Hindi, meaning a 'treasure'.

Strictly IMHO, such 5L or even 4L are never my choice because I view brandables precisely from a branding (not domaining) point of view. Name is a roof; it must be enough to cover brand's fundamentals (values) and walls. That's why we see major brands having domain = company name. Not nk[.]com, not coolshoes[.], not sportswear[.]com. Those are highly sought assets from domaining point of view, but Nike remains Nike[.]com. It's about elegance. In mathematical sense.

Thanks for such a great, thought-provoking question.

Luck and joy,
Marina

Last edited:
•••
Don't worry; the expiration lists are usually full of these.
As someone mentioned... if it's a legit shirt for a popular word then maybe it has value.

I've seen worst.
Makes me wonder how some names sell and some don't.
Maybe most people are mostly emotional non-sensical buyers

•••
Khzna means "Safe" in Arabic. By examining the Wayback Machine, you will discover an Arabic site dedicated to uploading and preserving your files.

•••
I guess it may be a short form of 'khazana', a popular name in Hindi, meaning a 'treasure'.
As someone mentioned... if it's a legit shirt for a popular word then maybe it has value.
Khzna means "Safe" in Arabic.
Thank you all for your input, this makes a lot more sense now. If it's an actual word in another language then that is fair enough, I can see the value there.

I didn't think to use google translate, the lack of vowels threw me off and I didn't realise it could actually be a word and it didn't seem pronouncable

•••
I assume you are referring to MOZ spam score? If so, I think it would be a good idea for you to read and properly educate yourself about how spam score is determined and that a high spam score does not necessarily mean the site is "spammy." In fact, MOZ makes this perfectly clear when explaining "Spam Score" and their algorithm uses more than 20 different signals to determine the score - many of them have absolutely nothing to do with backlinks.

Last edited:
•••
Back