IT.COM

No Outside Currency Exchanges * New Rule

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
We have been discussing this for some time now and This thread is just a heads up to a new rule.

We no longer want ANY outside Currency Exchanges to be carried out on this Forum. Np$ (NameBucks) will still be allowed to be purchased from other members via our Np$ Exchange http://www.namepros.com/npexchange.php and Domain Credits (NamePoints) via Google Checkout http://www.namepros.com/buycredit.php - but no outside currency exchanges.

This includes any and all exchanges such as Moneybookers for Paypal/np$ , PokerStars for Paypal/np$ , E-Gold for Paypal/np$ etc ...
Those type exchanges are a burden on our Staff/Mods when things go wrong and we have No control over them.

We are not saying you can't still Buy or Sell Industry related Items and Services through your preferred Currency type at your own risk(s).
IE: You may still ask for Moneybookers as your Payment method on your Domains for sale / Hosting / Design Work / etc .... Just No more Exchanges of outside currencies here at Namepros.com ~

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So this means we can only get NP$ via the exchange?
I see an increase in the value of NP$ now.

Seems a shame this is being done, but it must be necessary for it to be done :(

•••
This is a little confusing, does this mean no np$ sales can be conducted anywhere other than the bank and exchange or can we sell to other members IE in chat?, a bit of a bummer if not, but as long as people can still sell in the bank & exchange then i think there shouldn't be to much of an issue, just more competition lol.

Last edited:
•••
Being really blonde here sorry :xf.love:

Can you just clarify can we still buy and sell nps in chat for paypal or does it all have to go through the exchange

:hearts:

•••
I have the same question as mellow.

•••
As things stand and is my understanding of the rule. You can buy namebucks from chat or any other medium on namepros However you can only use paypal for example.

You are not allowed to sell egold, pokerstars etc etc to buy namebucks. If you do it will be at your own risk. Most of these types of transactions are circumventing TOS etc for those services and is also impossible for us to police.

•••
Thanks

I'm sure everyone is breathing a huge sigh of releif lol.

•••
will you buy namebucks from chat or any other medium on namepros ?

•••
So confusing. I think this is what the new rules mean? Correct me if I am wrong.

Users can buy and sell NP$, services and domains for paypal, egold, NP$, moneybookers, alipay, etc. e.g.
$10 paypal for your 1000 NP$
200 NP$ for your $20 e-gold

But users may not posts threads to request outside currency exchanges. e.g.
$10 paypal for your $10 moneybookers
$5 pokerstars currency for your $5 egold

?

•••
tekz999 said:
So confusing. I think this is what the new rules mean? Correct me if I am wrong.

Users can buy and sell NP$, services and domains for paypal, egold, NP$, moneybookers, alipay, etc. e.g.
$10 paypal for your 1000 NP$
200 NP$ for your $20 e-gold

But users may not posts threads to request outside currency exchanges. e.g.
$10 paypal for your $10 moneybookers
$5 pokerstars currency for your $5 egold

?

We are talking strictly currency exchanges here. Currency exchanges are no longer allowed. Any exchange (buying or selling NP$) should take place in the NP$ Exchange. This helps prevent scamming from taking place.

-Bill

•••
Just one question how is paypal going to prevent scamming i mean its the number one scamming site.

•••
-Root- said:
Just one question how is paypal going to prevent scamming i mean its the number one scamming site.

Why? Because we control the NP$ currency system and the exchange. This means we have records and will take the proper actions if a scam does occur.

-Bill

Last edited:
•••
There is nothing to be confused about. Here is an example........

"I want to exchange $10 that I have in my paypal for $10 in E-Gold."

You are no longer allowed to post these sorts of threads or conduct this type of business on NP.

Pretty easy really :imho:

•••
thank you very much, for the extended help. using the http://www.namepros.com/npexchange.php makes you even safer than before.

Bill said:
Why? Because we control the NP$ currency system and the exchange. This means we have records and will take the proper actions if a scam does occur.

-Bill

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back