NameSilo

.mobi NNNNN.mobi TXT Numbers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

qO_Op

Namepros MemberEstablished Member
Impact
Has anyone thought of registering 5 number mobi domains? I was looking at the competition on my bottle of coke and had the idea. Many companies have these txt and win competitions now, so is it a good idea to reg the numbers u come across if they are available? Im not sure if they would want them!
Have not regged any myself but would like to know what u think about it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have thought about doing that, but as I've got some 6-number .com's which aren't doing very well at all, I decided against it.

It would be great to see someone take the plunge. And also perhaps on numbers which aren't yet used as marketing for text services.

•••
5 number 76278.mobi

BloGamble said:
Has anyone thought of registering 5 number mobi domains? I was looking at the competition on my bottle of coke and had the idea. Many companies have these txt and win competitions now, so is it a good idea to reg the numbers u come across if they are available? Im not sure if they would want them!
Have not regged any myself but would like to know what u think about it?

I have only one which is 76278.mobi, I regged it to mean 'smart' on non qwerty keyboards.

Have had mixed comments, but may try to develop as a 'smart' device portal just to try out mobi development.

If it is a text or phone number, someone may be interested, but numbers have no TM issues so they should make me an offer.

(smartSMS uses 76278 for texting i.e. text 'smart' (76278) with answer)

Last edited:
•••
•••
IMO Any number .mobi play is the current (which will soon be the past) way to think about mobile internet. The future HAS to be voice activated character entry.

Also, how do you market NNNNN.mobi? I don't see much resale value. Maybe it it is developed but then again, you have to get people to that site.

•••
•••
I decided not to get any in the end. Think they are too risky imo.
GL to whoever purchased!
I think simple numbers like 12345 will do best. Easy to remember, text no 12345, and mobile website, maybe! :|

Last edited:
•••
If a mobile browser automatically adds .mobi if you do not add an extension, then quids in! If not, then I don't see a huge market for them

•••
When these numbers are associated with words, there's really isn't a need to memorize the numbers. But whatever, you can skip on these names, ill take them.

zip codes are a good idea too, depending on the zip code...i regged 10005 .mobi, the zip code of wall street. I think someone else here got the zip codes of some popular universities.

•••
:hi: I'm new here, and with domains and with .mobi :guilty:

I regged
00800.mobi (international free number)
08000.mobi (free number together apart from 0800 in the uk and in some other coutries)

What do you think about some special phone numbers and these ones

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back