NameSilo

.mobi nickname.mobi

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

lobo123

Account Closed
Impact
Hi you all, any thoughts about this one? Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
yes, please a quick review

•••
why would you place a bid and then ask for opinions after :?

what are your goals for the name?

•••
so what happened to the auction?

•••
so what happened to the auction?
Well you are right so now I can ask for your opinion :) there was a problem with the auction. So, I can see that you are a .mobi collector. Any thoughts about this domain? I want to build A chat site and a chat mobile app with this one. Something really great that I have in my mind for a long time now... Thank you.

•••
Well you are right so now I can ask for your opinion :) there was a problem with the auction. So, I can see that you are a .mobi collector. Any thoughts about this domain? I want to build A chat site and a chat mobile app with this one. Something really great that I have in my mind for a long time now... Thank you.

I really don't know much about building/promoting social network sites and apps so I don't think I'm the best to answer for the name suitability for that industry. Taking on the giants in that industry will certainly take an innovative product and lots of promotion regardless of the domain extension chosen. .mobi awareness continues to grow every day but obviously it isn't remotely at the level of .com or other well established TLD's that have at least a decade or two head start. .com is always the stronger choice if your budget allows for that kind of purchase, the same term in .com would not come cheap.

Around here most folks hate .mobi domains since they have lost value from the bubble for domain trading, but regardless there are people still using .mobi's for real life projects. If your response was that you wanted to resell the name then I'd suggest against it at that auction price since domain sales in .mobi are slim right now with no guarantees of improving, but for an end user project that was a reasonable price point IMO.

I've done my share of sales but am more interested in building .mobi sites so the huge drop in prices is fine with me since I'm now buying names that once were out of reach for me during the peak.

If you do move forward using the .mobi I suggest you be sure to officially trademark the term for your commercial usage, that way another tld can't be used to compete with your product without risk of a TM lawsuit from you. Good luck with your project.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back