IT.COM

discuss Niche Portfolios and SWOT Analysis

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Over the last year I've been busy learning the domain industry, which in and of itself is a niche industry. I've been advised not to hand reg domains because it's a fools:xf.rolleyes: game. However, the contrarian in me combined with 50 years of experience starting , naming, buying and selling businesses tells me that's simply bad advice:xf.confused:

Many of you have created "Niche Portfolios" and shared your experience in niches like Bitcoin, Sports, VR, nTLD's, travel etc. Personally I'v carved out niches and created portfolios in finance (loans and mortgages), healthcare (specialities and proceedures), travel ( transportation, local, international) and nTLD's (.loans, .golf, .consulting, .club, .LLC, etc.). Also, I've created portfolios that use use recognizable and valuable key words like: Incredible, Great and Forever. I've discovered and registered almost 50 domains that start with the word !ncredible that appeal to the travel industry, the restaurant industry and the entertainment industries, etc.

So what does SWOT have to do with niche portfolios? A lot as far as I'm concerned. SWOT stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Regardless of what anyone says, we all have our strengths and our weaknesses and there are both opportunities and threats that can lead to success or failure.

My greatest weaknesses may be some of your greatest strengths. For example, I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to things like tech, mechanics and development. However, my greatest strengths that involve business, investments, people, sports, food and travel have created opportunities to develop about a dozen "Niche Portfolios".

My approach to this industry for some reason seems to offend so called experienced domainers, but for the life of me I don't understand it? I'm a keep it simple, common sense, positive sort of guy that honestly believes there's a better/smarter way to succeed in this business. This business isn't rocket science like some might lead you to believe. A domain that I've owned since September 1, 2001 is My Mantra: MakeSomethingHappen(.)com. I wake up everyday thinking what can I Make Happen today?

Good Luck with your "niche" whatever it is....and if you're in the US and you enjoy Holidays like I do, think about carving out a niche for "Holiday Domains". Cheers everyone:xf.grin:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back