Dynadot

New Blogger STINKS!!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Does anyone else hate New Blogger as much as I do?

The steep learning curve would be okay, but I don't see any improvement at all. It takes longer to do less, and features often don't work at all, for example, spell check and preview.

The feedback feature is a complete joke.

It often crashes my computer.

Can any of you developers explain to me why some of your colleagues like to create large, ugly platforms that are often a step backwards?

Blogger users have been screaming bloody murder, and it all falls on deaf ears.

I suppose the Google Emperor has no clothes.

Old blogger was beautiful and simple, easy to learn, loaded fast, and took fewer steps to get where one needed to go. It had its minor quirks, but I contend that it would have been easier and more useful to work on those quirks instead of redesigning the entire platform.

So now it takes longer to accomplish less.

What a waste of time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Perhaps time to migrate to Wordpress?

Have not used Blogger in a long time, but I seem to remember that some people prefered them over Wordpress hosted solution because they weren't strict on the content & advertising.

I don't know if its still the case now.

•••
Easy people, I would just contact a mod or something and get the thread moved. Probably better in one of these forums:

Website Development
Development concepts, scripts, sponsors and affiliate programs.

Web Design Discussion
Discussion of web design techniques, advice, browser issues, software, design firms.

Those 2 forums could probably be combined, those are a little confusing. Plus this "affiliate programs." under Website Development, has it's own forum, Affiliate Talk. So all that could be cleared up some.

Not that big a deal.

As far as Blogger. Used to use that way back in the day, still have 1 blog that gets traffic, but I haven't updated it in years. So will go in and give it a whirl.

But that was a good suggestion earlier to get off Blogger and take more control, get WP and your own hosting. I understand it might be hard if you have a lot of content on there already, it's ranking, maybe making some money. Long term tho, I would move.

•••

Thanks for the suggestion; I probably will move my major blogs eventually.

On Blogger, I can still do simple things, like posting pictures and text, but creating my own templates and backgrounds looks complicated.

•••
From what I hear, WordPress is superior to Blogger, but Blogger is easier for me to use. I dislike the changes that Google has made to several of its products, but Blogger is easy enough to navigate in my opinion.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back