IT.COM

Need to get my site on the engines

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I submitted my blog to the search engines about three weeks ago, and its pages are showing up in the search engines in trickles. Any idea what I should do? Should I just wait a while longer or should I actively be doing something? If involves "meta tags" and all that incomprehensible jargon is it possible to get somebody who understand that stuff, to do it instead.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
SEO is a complicated process, but I don't know how blogspot works, and I don't know how much power you have over the rss feeds, header tags, meta tags, titles, alt tags, overall code, etc.

•••
Remember that search engines like Google have to index millions of pages. It may also be that you don't have enough hits on it or there aren't enough links on the internet linking to it for the search engine to show up your website in a search

•••
Add your site to as many places as possible. If you get many links to your site you will show up in no time.

Here on NP you will find many directories, you could start with AddURL-Free.com, if you like.

•••
do not use automatic submissions..you have the option not to submit to search engines but you have to get a link from a high pr site since those sites are frequently visited by bots. IMO, blogs doesn't get higher rankings on serps.

•••
Here are the submission pages of Google, MSN and Yahoo (you'll need to register with yahoo. Those are the importent ones.

To get spidered and indexed takes a while and if you are it doesn't mean you'll get a high PR right away. That takes time and lots in inbound links as well as good and updated content.

A few days ago i read an article that google even conciders the lenght of domain registration.

Anyway. I would suggest you place sort the metatags a bit. 1. title, 2. description, 3. keywords and then all the rest. Whatever metatags you would like to use.

Good places for more info are http://www.seochat.com/ and http://www.1-hit.com/ .

Hope that helps.

Thorsten

•••
visit http://forums.DigitalPoint/

•••
This is how Google decides where to put your page:

"Google recently filed a US patent which reveals a great deal of how they rank your web site. Some of it you could never have guessed at...

How many years did you register your domain name for?
If it was only one then Google could hold that against you.

Why?

Because the majority of Spam websites only register a domain name for one year. A domain name registered for a longer period implies that the owner is more likely to be legitimate and serious about their web site.

This is just one of the unusual factors possibly considered by Google when indexing and ranking a website. Factors you could never even have guessed at in some cases.

How do I know this?

Google recently made public, March 31 2005, the contents of their filing of United States Patent Application 20050071741.

In which many of the search giant’s secret ranking criteria is revealed and it makes very interesting reading. You must read this if you are serious about ranking well in Google. The days of Spamming Google are drawing to a close. With this patent they reveal just how hard they're coming down on Spam sites. You Do Not want to get caught out.

Listed below you will find the hard facts, I recommend that you bookmark this page now. You will need to reference it each time you optimize a new site.

• Links.

It's common knowledge that Google relies heavily on inbound relevant links to rank a site. Now they explain exactly how it works.

As well as the number, quality and anchor text factors of a link. Google seems to also consider historical factors. Apparently the Google 'sandbox' or aging delay begins count down the minute links to a new site are discovered.

Google records the discovery of a link, link changes over time, the speed at which a site gains links and the link life span.

With this in mind, fast link acquisition may be a strong indicator of potential search engine Spam.

Gone are the days of pages and pages full of links. You must grow your links slowly to stay below the radar and be careful who you exchange links with. That means no more buying hundreds of links at once or other underhand tactics.

PR is now very valuable.

Your link anchor text should vary but remain consistent with your site content. No more using your main keywords on every link exchange you gain. That's 'anchor Spam'. Instead vary them around your top five to ten keywords.

Link exchanges are still very important but you must work and utilize them ethically. If you don't and you get caught, the recovery from a ban can be months and your host and IP may also be recorded.

Softly seems to be the message. The fact is fewer but better quality links will benefit you more and they will be much more likely to be over the long-term which is good too.

• Site click through rates (CTR)

CTR may now be monitored through cache, temporary files, bookmarks and favorites via the Google toolbar or desktop tools. Many have suspected for some time that sites are rewarded for good CTR with a raise in ranking. Similar to how Adwords works.

CTR is monitored to see if fresh or stale content is preferred for a search result.

CTR is also analyzed for increases or decreases relating to trends or seasons.

• Web page rankings are recorded and monitored for changes.

• The traffic to a web page is recorded and monitored over time. "

For more info go here

•••
I have quite a few tips on my site and links to places you can submit to on the forum.

have fun and good luck. www.tipsfromthetop.com

•••
Hey,

Submit your site by hand to search engines and directories. Look for link exchange opportunities, put links to your site in forums and so on and you'll get indexed sooner or later.

SW

•••
Get people to link to you ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back