IT.COM

.tv Need help - Port.tv

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Len

dot TV'erVIP Member
Impact
I need some help re optimizing the domain - Port.tv

It is getting some good traffic but no clicks, mainly from eastern europe as you can see in the following stats:

Romania 67.6 %
Hungary 11.8 %
Canada (en) 3.9 %
Great Britain 2.9 %
Russia 2.9 %
United States 2.0 %

Anyone out ther got any idea what I should associate this domain with to satisfy the visitors?

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
with portable products i think..

•••
•••
Well it seems that 80% of the traffic comes from Eastern Europe, so find out if port has any meaning in maybe Romanian or Russian...

•••
Well it seems that 80% of the traffic comes from Eastern Europe, so find out if port has any meaning in maybe Romanian or Russian...

I've already done that and the best thing I can find is that it means 'costume' in Romanian. However the word 'costume' could mean something completely different in Romanian than it does in English.

I was hoping there may be someone from around that part of the world that could give me some ideas.

Thanks anyway b2b, appreciate your input. :)

•••
They'll be looking for port.ro. Would probably park it somewhere with auto targeting, eg domainsponsor. Don't expect alot, the traffic value will be very low being romanian and quite uncommercial (tv guides etc).

•••
They'll be looking for port.ro. Would probably park it somewhere with auto targeting, eg domainsponsor.

he can do the same thing manually with sedo,if he is not too lazy..

•••
I've already done that and the best thing I can find is that it means 'costume' in Romanian. However the word 'costume' could mean something completely different in Romanian than it does in English.

I was hoping there may be someone from around that part of the world that could give me some ideas.

Thanks anyway b2b, appreciate your input. :)

No probs!
BTW, TwoMoon is from a neighbouring country; Ukraine. So maybe you could ask him for some advice.

Oh, also don't forget to check the translation thread, if you haven't already.

Good luck!

•••
Len

I have the name PRO.tv and get and awful lot of traffic from Romania (perhaps 5,000 hits a month). Sedo actually gives a decent income on this (one of those rare breeds - a .Tv that pays for itself)

Last week, this name was only one of a handful of three-letter names that was a standard reg fee on the whole planet

- now everyone has them

...and I paid a fortune to own it!!!!!

•••
he can do the same thing manually with sedo,if he is not too lazy..

I assure you that I'm not too lazy...Lol

Just getting a little frustrated with seeing traffic go to waste.:'(

•••
Eastern Europe was sleeping, and had dreams about domains - almost as usual :)
Well I can help with Russian, Ukrainian and Polish.

But I know why you’re getting traffic from Romania – because of PORT.ro - PORT - programe TV (they have a TV Program there).

In Russian, Ukrainian and Polish – this word means Harbor or Port (it could be also a port in PC – for example LPT port etc.).

Also it’s a brandable name – for me it’s like a Place, Hub or something like that.
It’s good for a Portal – the place where you can find different things IMO.

If it helps I can say also that Port.ru – is redirected to Mail.ru (major Russian mail service in the Internet)

•••
Thanks for your input Nick, has really given me some good pointers.

•••
•••
I find it quite fascinating that a small country like Romania, that just entered the EU about 2 yrs ago is typing Port.tv in their browser.

You know what they say, if the Romanians are doing it...;)

Thanks for sharing once again.

•••
Hungarian Traffic is probably because of Port.hu :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back