Domain Empire

Need A hosting for 100000 Real Time Visitors

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

shahnawazsadique

Impact
Hello friends I have couple of website which usually flooded with the traffic so is there any one who can suggest me some good hosting

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if it's a WP site I would go with a WP managed hosting. If it's not have you taken inmotion hosting in consideration?

•••
So how would you know if there is traffic unless you already have it hosted?
For good hosts, see the Web Hosting forum here on namepros.

That is where I would start instead of asking here, like 100 other people have asked the same question.

•••
Hello friends I have couple of website which usually flooded with the traffic so is there any one who can suggest me some good hosting

it highly depends on the software your site is running on and what kind of calculations are involved in processing your users requests.
But you are saying 100,000 users simultaneously, you are no kidding are you?

•••
How long has the host been around, it’s beneficial if they have been established for some time, but this doesn’t mean rule out the really new ones but if you are going to choose a newish hoster, ask your self how are you going to feel if your site just disappears and you have no chance of getting it back?

•••
In general, if you run a business on the web, you will not want to take that kind of risk. Bad support and "down" times have a habit of occurring at the worse possible moments (such as during your peak ordering seasons).

•••
If you are in fact really having 100 000 simotanuous visitors you need quite a solution to support it.
You need a dedicated server or two - depending on the software you would ideally have the static content on one shared server and the database on another server. Also - quite good administrator to support it and keep it secure.
One of the big cloud providers, like Amazon Web Services could also be a good fit as you will not have to deal with managing infrastructure.
Caching and CDN is a must with so many visitors.

•••
It would cost not too short of £6000/pcm with AWS solution.

The main issues are databases, long script execution times, heavy memory usage for scripts, heavy disk usage and serving large files. For a static website with image CDN etc. a mid-range dedicated server with the right web server software would be fine to handle that sort of peak traffic quite comfortably.

•••
I would definitely recommend a VPS or cloud hosting solution. With this sort of hosting you will have much better control over performance and resources during traffic spikes, and more ability to adjust the hosting package on-the-go.

•••
With this amount of traffic I would suggest looking into something like CloudFlare to partner with your hosting account. This would help offset the costs of your VPS/Shared hosting account, as cloudflare would work as a CDN and save you bandwidth.

•••

You need to mention
  1. max page views per second
  2. max page views per minute
  3. max page views per hour,
  4. time to serve one page
  5. type of website ( static, db, caching )

Without these metrics it does not make sense to suggest.

There are 86,400 seconds in a day, so 100,000 visitors per day is just avg 1.2 page views per sec ( assuming each visitor is one page view )

100K page views per day is not a big deal with 2 page views per second, so if you are having problems look at page views per sec, and where the bottleneck is ( usually db ),

and then look for a host.

•••
Do these 100K real time users exist or have you properly quantified the numbers of simultaneous users (as Ten10 suggested above) and the resources necessary to handle that number?

Regards...jmcc

•••
May I have your other specification like budget and technical specification you re looking for? Yes, posible it is, in varying degrees, higher the degree higher the price, thats why its important to know the budget first thnx

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back