Domain Empire

Namesecure

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Reviews and information for Namesecure

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Excellent

Excellent registar. I like them. Good service and nice website,

•••
Review

After 10 years of being a loyal NameSecure customer, I have decided to move my domains away from them. People are reporting that they cannot send emails to my domain email address, which is hosted by NameSecure. I reported this to NameSecure. Their response was that they use an anti-SPAM service that views those emails as SPAM and they will not let those pass through to my email account. This system has been blocking legitimate emails from family and friends, and who knows whom else.

On top of that, NameSecure gives no notification that emails destined for me have been blocked! So I don’t even know if someone has been trying to send me an email. It is a mandatory service, of which I have no say in how it works with my emails.

I understand the need to fight SPAM, but not at the expense of having an over zealous company like NameSecure arbitrarily decide which emails should get through to me. They are in effect censoring my emails! That is unacceptable.

I had been happy with NameSecure up to until this problem started. They have good prices and a lot of neat services. However, email is critical in this day and age, and I cannot stay with a service that is unable to deliver emails addressed to me. It is a basic and fundamental service that they cannot get right.

Avoid NameSecure as their email services are highly unreliable. You’ll never feel confident when you give your email address out to someone!

•••
Beware!

HORRIBLE! I bought a domain and it happened to be at this registrar. In order to transfer the domain to another account, you must print off a .pdf document. You must fill in half of the information on the 3 page document. Then you must fax the document to the person your trying to transfer the domain to. That person must fill out the other half of the document and fax the document back to NameSecure. They sure don't make it easy.

Also, when you submit the form to get support, it says they will get back to you in 24 hours but its is more like 5 days... Their support blows.

I also tried to unlock the domain to transfer it to an easier registrar, and when you click unlock it says it takes time to unlock it... well I came back 24 hours later and it was still locked. You have to play games to get anthing done here.

•••
Good, but value declining

I've been a NameSecure customer since 2002. During that time I've been very pleased with their service. Their user interface is -- for me -- very familiar and easy to use. An especially useful feature is being able to make a change to the WHOIS data or DNS settings on one domain and then instantly copy those changes to whichever other domains you wish in your account (but not necessarily all of them). I have not had the problems receiving e-mail that another reviewer described.

That said, I too am thinking of transferring to another registrar, and for the same reason others have cited: the difficulty of transferring names to or from other registrars. While I've never been asked to fax in paperwork (they have a double e-mail confirmation process where both you and the other owner must confirm the transfer by clicking a link), even a simple transfer which is immediately approved by both parties can take several days to take effect. On one occasion the ten-day period allowed by the other registrar actually timed-out and I had to resubmit the transfer request. This can really foul things up when you're trying to sell a domain or close a deal.

The other reason I'm thinking of switching is that their prices -- once among the best in the industry -- have not kept up with the competition. The Domains @ Discount program has been of diminishing value. Back when their regular prices were $9.95 or $8.95 for a domain registration, the $6.95 D@D price was a real boon. But they haven't been able to lower it beyond that point and now there are some cheaper options out there. If you have fewer than 100 domains, the program's only real value is the discounts it gives you on e-mail and hosting services (which are substantial, but I rarely use these services as I run my own server).

One other point to note: their pricing (both regular and discounted) is the same across all domains. This means that with Domains @ Discount they're still a good value for .net/.org/.biz domains, but not .com amd definitely not .info. (NameSecure does not handle any foreign TLDs.) So since I've still got time left on my current D@D subscription, I'll probably continue to use them for the handful of non-.com names I have, but gradually transfer my .coms (which comprise 95% of my portfolio) over to another registrar.

•••
Namesecure is Network Solutions

Just avoid this registrar. Namesecure is just the 'discount' arm of Network Solutions. I used to work at a Network Solutions call center. There was a team of maybe 10 people that handled all of the Namesecure support issues. This 'brand' is Netsol's attempt at competing in the low-cost domain field. Any Namesecure issues are an afterthought...they feel that if you're only paying $6.95 for a domain they are going to give you the lowest level of support possible.

•••
Namesecure Acting Illegally Agains Charity Org

Beware NameSecure acting ILLEGALLY agains our CHARITY organization domain!

Beware Namesecure is acting illegally against our child charity organization domain personecomenoi.org to not make us transfer the domain from them. It gives wrong transfer codes and after two attempts blocks any further attempt and put the domain has expiring eve n if it is not. Cannot obtain any answer from support, impossible to contact them! BEWARE! :|

If anyone can help us against this ghost company please write to omauro <at> gmail . com

•••
NameSecure it Terrible.

I don't ever post in forums, but this company almost screwed me so royally, I feel like its my duty, so I will post this in very forum on this topic I can find.
Quick summary, Wanted to do something unique with web forwarding options, after many emails, got tech support on the phone. Could get it our problem fixed, told them to reset the site back to the way it was before they tried to make their changes, My entire clients site on a CMS was gone. The database was magically missing. Oh, and wait.......Now they don't answer the same phone number they went out of their way to give me. what a coiencidence. Anyways, After calling a million different places.(apparently they dont want you to be able to get tech support on the phone) I got this number, which connected me to the real namesecure support people. The ones that get your emails, are the people who namesecure outsources their tech support work to.
Ohhhhhhhh, thats why you can't get them on the phone, they aren't even really apart of the company, thats why they deleted my database, on accident, which they did admit, and I have it on tape. Anyways if any of you are like me I am sure you were frustrated with not being able to get anyone on the phone.

Try this number - people there were nice, dont take your anger out on them. They will actually try to help you. I dealt with some guy named micheal. Micheal is a rock star.

954-535-8495

I dealth wi

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back