IT.COM

domains NamesCon Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

White Fang

CustomerService.comEstablished Member
Impact
This is not just sour grapes but I submitted 10 of my best, correct English, dotcom, reasonably-priced, domain names to their auction. I understand that what they choose to offer at auction is up to them but when I see some of the silly, gobbledegook.com domain names, I have to question their criteria for selection in their auction.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol sounds like sour grapes to me! just kidding.

I suspect opinion is the issue here. People since the dawn of time have always disagreed on "what looks good".

to you your domains are probably "okay" but to Namescon not so much. fact of life my friend.

and vice versa. what you consider gobbledegook is probably valuable because of age or backlinks or some hidden meaning in the domain.

either that or the domains owners just know Namescon people well and in the past probably sent tons of traffic to their past auctions.

•••
I am sorry to hear that, White Fang. It is frustrating, and there are certainly some sub-par names in the list.

They only accepted one of mine - the "wedding" name (which I've had for 9 years and purchased from Elliot (the domain blogger). It definitely has value, because "CorporateEntertainment" (in .com) sold for $14k.

I've noticed that a fair amount of names are ones from GoDaddy's own NameFind portfolio...so there's that. Keep your head up, like WhoaDomain said, who knows what could be at work behind the scenes, or what they were looking for.

•••
Just look at the majority of names in Sedo Great Domains auctions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back