NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Namerific

Established Member
Namerific.com
Impact
Hey guys, my name is Mike Navarini and I'm the co-founder and current owner of Namerific. As many of you can probably tell, I have been silent in this forum and pretty much every other public place since Zane and I launched the business several years ago. To give credit where credit is due, Zane actually started the business with his site, ZTGbrands which morphed into Namerific. Zane handled most of the operations of the company until recently, when he sold his interest in the business. We will be issuing a press release shortly with more details about that.

We want to apologize to any of our domainers who've had to deal with delays in regards to getting their names up on the site live. We're working to change that ASAP. We've hired two part time designers to work on the pending list, and we are also strategizing on a new incentive model which will involve contests and prizes for designers. A part time writer is also on board with us to write descriptions on approved domains to get them pushed to the design queue. To assist with day to day operations, we have hired additional full time staff to manage various aspects of the business. Shortly, things will operate much more smoothly in terms of processing domains and getting them live.

Since I'm new to all of you, I'll provide a little information about myself here so you can get a better idea as to who is behind the Namerific brand. Prior to getting into the internet industry, I obtained economics and political science degrees at UCLA, followed by some time in graduate school and several years in management consulting. During those years I worked specifically in IT Risk Management, servicing many large corporations around the world such as United Airlines, Nokia, Siemens, Fidelity, Northwest Airlines, General Electric, Pioneer Electronics, New York State, among others. While it was a ton of fun to be able to travel and work, I have been an entrepreneur from my childhood and felt called to start something on my own. I got into the internet marketing/affiliate marketing industry and started making money by arbitraging internet traffic as a media buyer. A year or so after that, I started an ad agency called BananaAds.com, which I still run to this day. Around the same time I started Banana Ads, I got into the domain business, building a portfolio and working with partners around the world to monetize domain redirect traffic. Along the way, I've hit a few road bumps, including being sued by Facebook in Federal court for various things related to domaining and campaign methods. I hope this gives you an idea as to who is behind the business. For more info on me you can read my blog at MikeNavarini.com, or add me on Facebook.com/navarini, Instagram.com/banana_ads and Twitter.com/mikenavarini. You can also reach me directly via email at mike ((AT)) namerific.com or on Skype (namerific). If you're ever in the San Francisco area, feel free to hit me up -- drinks are on me! You can also find me at various conferences such as NamesCon, TRAFFIC, DomainFest, AdTech, and pretty much every Affiliate Summit.

With that said, we are currently moving full steam ahead with Namerific, and have many plans in place that we are executing to create a better experience for buyers and sellers, including higher volumes of targeted traffic to the site. Namerific is backed with plenty of financial resources, so I can assure you that changes will be coming.

Although we have not made any recent updates to our policies, you may see some changes coming soon. We still don't require exclusivity, and there is no upfront cost to get your domains live.

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this clears the air for those of you who were wondering what was going on with Namerific. If you have any questions or suggestions for the site, feel free to ask and I'll do my best at getting you answers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks Mike. Maintaining the integrity of quality names in your marketplace, fast approval times, and continued effort to reach buyers through multiple channels. That's what I care about, I can't speak for everyone but that's what matters the most in my eyes.

From my perspective, between highly targeted outbound end user sales and name acquisitions, listing quality brandable names through marketplaces makes the most operational sense for me.

I will give your service a try in the near future.

Wishing you continued success.

•••
Those are definitely our priorities right now. Quality listings, quick service, and a focus on targeted traffic.

Thanks for your comments! Let's chat on Skype sometime.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back