Dynadot

Name.com Injected?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Today I opened Name.com and written :
"Name.com is currently experiencing connectivity issues with various registries. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Please try again later or contact us at [email protected]. "

I'm afraid Name.com was injected by trojan/virus, yesterday I git this report on my Norton AntiVirus

Attempted Intrusion "HTTP XMLHTTP SetRequestHeader Exec" against your machine was detected and blocked.
Intruder: www.name.com(4.79.81.165)(http(80)).
Risk Level: High.
Protocol: TCP.
Attacked IP: MANIK(XXX.XXX.XXX.XX).
Attacked Port: 4293.

Be careful

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok, I can access the page now. Don't know what you changed but it seems to have worked :tu:

Good going and great response, cheers!

And the new design is real nice too :)

•••
yeah :) actually its simple and fast design when compare to other graphics :tu:

but still they have lot of bugs in their ajax style :laugh:

•••
I never experienced any of those problems, but I don't use Norton. I stopped when it once thought itself was a virus. -_-
Needless to say, I don't believe in Norton.

I do like Name.com's new style, though. I also like the registrar itself. I've used about five others but Name.com is my favorite. ;)

•••
chandan said:
but still they have lot of bugs in their ajax style

If you could let us know what bugs you are seeing we would love to get those fixed for you.

•••
seems fixed :)

probably some session issues while checkout

name_error.jpg

•••
Name.com does seem to always have bugs with the interface but I am sure with all the changing which is happening constantly they get fixed. Only one I have experienced recently is bulk URL forwarding wasn't working properly, not sure if that has been fixed by now.

•••
Thanks chandan. Ah yes, that bug. That was up for about 10 minutes due to some new content management stuff that we rolled out. I actually created that bug so I'm honored to have it immortalized in this thread!!

Dean26 said:
Name.com does seem to always have bugs with the interface but I am sure with all the changing which is happening constantly they get fixed. Only one I have experienced recently is bulk URL forwarding wasn't working properly, not sure if that has been fixed by now.

We are making a lot of changes with the interface as well as with the back end of things. It's usually the interface changes that have issues due to javascript / css compatibility across browsers, etc. Hopefully, once these issues get resolved, its a better experience for you all.

I believe the bulk URL forwarding issue has been resolved, if it is the same one I am thinking of, but let us know if it is not.

•••
oborseth said:
Thanks chandan. Ah yes, that bug. That was up for about 10 minutes due to some new content management stuff that we rolled out. I actually created that bug so I'm honored to have it immortalized in this thread!!

We are making a lot of changes with the interface as well as with the back end of things. It's usually the interface changes that have issues due to javascript / css compatibility across browsers, etc. Hopefully, once these issues get resolved, its a better experience for you all.

I believe the bulk URL forwarding issue has been resolved, if it is the same one I am thinking of, but let us know if it is not.

btw is it possible to let me know how you people process when 3 domains ordered in checkout

one be one or all in one array ? seems it freezes some time when more number of domains in cart

•••
I lost few months ago of 8 domain names including two premium domain. They says that my information are incorrect and it is abuse or something like that.. dont remember now.. after from then I forgot about name.com. now I am only with godaddy.

•••
ahmedSingapore said:
I lost few months ago of 8 domain names including two premium domain. They says that my information are incorrect and it is abuse or something like that.. dont remember now.. after from then I forgot about name.com. now I am only with godaddy.
which domains you lost :] ?

•••
•••
ahmedSingapore said:
I have a few hundred domains at name.com and would like to see this issue addressed. Are domains being deleted without warning for incorrect contact data?

On a sidenote, how do you manage to get 3 bars of rep with just 13 posts (as of this post)? Impressive.

•••
krx said:
I have a few hundred domains at name.com and would like to see this issue addressed. Are domains being deleted without warning for incorrect contact data?
I am the same, really would like to hear from a name.com representative if this is the case, surely they should give some warning at least like most registrars do and how do they investigate if the details are incorrect?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back