Domain Empire

myspace2.com for sale?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Does anyone know if myspace2.com is for sale? how much would I be able to buy it for?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to NP...I'd predict you will end up with the shortest stay in history... :)

Lux

•••
Why is that? It may have been a rhetorical question on my part...

•••
You could buy it if you had enough money to buy myspace.com

Not just the domain "myspace.com" - the entire company :)

Heck, if News Corp didn't want to sell myspace you'd have to buy News Corp too.
I dread to think how much News Corp is worth.... :)

Do you have a few billion $$ to spare?

•••
B33R said:
You could buy it if you had enough money to buy myspace.com

Not just the domain "myspace.com" - the entire company :)

Heck, if News Corp didn't want to sell myspace you'd have to buy News Corp too.
I dread to think how much News Corp is worth.... :)

Do you have a few billion $$ to spare?

News Corp doesn't own it.

•••
•••
I understand that they own myspace.com, but they do not own myspace2.com

•••
And?

To own myspace2.com, you need to own myspace.com. To own myspace.com you'd need to own News Corp.

News Corp assets are worth $55bn.

Good luck :)

•••
Check whois of myspace2.com at http://whois.sc/myspace2.com. Try to contact the owner via email/phone and ask him if he'd be willing to sell it.

Thanks,
Pratik

•••
Well I guess I could start the bidding at 55 billion dollars, I'm not sure that I would get many offers.

•••
dr47 said:
Well I guess I could start the bidding at 55 billion dollars, I'm not sure that I would get many offers.
That makes absolutely no sense.

•••
•••
dr47 said:
I own myspace2.com

Well good for you hotshot! Enjoy you C&D when it arrives and do tell us how it all works out...

Lux

•••
luxinterior said:
Enjoy you C&D when it arrives and do tell us how it all works out...
Exactly!

When Myspace/News Corp catches on that you've got it, I'm sure it'll be lots of fun!

•••
•••
The MySpace sale to "Fox" has got nothing to do with it.

Isn't MySpace a trademark anyway? The previous company owning MySpace may have let you get away with this but I promise you News Corp won't.

This either needs to go in Appraisals if you want us to estimate how much it's worth. My appraisal $0 especially when MySpace/News Corp finds out you're trying to sell it.

Or it needs to go in "Legal Issues or Disputes" because that's where it's gonna end up.
Don't take this the wrong way, but it'll be you who comes whining to us that MySpace forced you to hand over your domain name. Don't say we didn't warn you!

When you try and sell it you should include a warning (in case anyone is foolish enough to actually think about buying this) that the trademark belongs to MySpace and they will enforce it.

•••
He can sell the domain as long as it remains at its current use. Anyway im sure myspace would be willing to buy it, if he wanted to sell it. Also im sure there would be no copyright infringement if the domain sold myspace scripts which it could do very profitably.

•••
Sure he can sell it.

MySpace wouldn't buy it though, they'd either take it by whatever legal means neccessary (it is their trademark) or possibly "buy" it at the price which the owner paid for it - the latter would most likely happen if the owner contacted MySpace and offered them the domain.

There is also news going around that MySpace is moving against the MySpace trademark infringers. Which would mean that (at the very least) any domain with MySpace in it would be closed down and their domain name seized.
EDIT (URL UPDATED): http://www.searchenginejournal.com/?p=2749

That would also explain why so many MySpace related (not only in name) sites have been sold in the past few months.

Last edited:
•••
Total dork

Owning myspace2.com is a joke.As someone else just said,News corporation wont see the funny side.They have assets worth over 70 bn liquid and 50 bn cash.They will take you to the court and take all your pennys AND seize the domain.I wish you luck against Rupert Murdoch and his corporate minions.

•••
I think the irony is kind of hillarious. myspace and the domain suits are somewhat paradoxical, with the issue being over the name myspace.

I think I will throw some scripts up on there in the near future though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back