NameSilo

myriadnetwork.com VDS.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ZannuZZi

Account Closed
Impact
Hello there.
Do you know myriadnetwork.com? I have been browsing for VPS or VPS service provider. Stoped on myriadnetwork.com.
They offer several VDS packages
http://www.myriadnetwork.com/services/vds.php
I like first one.
Need more information about this company, difference between VPS and VDS, and about their prices.
There will be my scripts hosted.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yphost.com said:
There's alot of difference in a VDS and VPS,
VPS:
- locked at a particular amount of RAM
-full root access
- seperate license required for cpanel + WHM

VDS:
- a reseller/shared hosting account where you are allow to use higher resources than a normal shared hosting account(placed on practically empty servers)

So, there's no root access on myriadnetwork.com VDS plans?

•••
Myriadnetwork.com provides root access
A virtual dedicated server (VDS) is a virtualization technology that performs and acts just like a physical dedicated server. Think of it as a dedicated server without the hardware or the hassles. With VDS, you have full control over your hosting environment, including root access. Install custom apps, create your own databases, run a personal firewall, and create nearly unlimited virtual accounts. For someone with dozens of websites, or a reseller, VDS makes a lot of sense. It's the next step after virtual hosting.

•••
hupadupa said:
Myriadnetwork.com provides root access
I think nearlly all companies provide a root access feature, not only Myriadnetwork.com. Right?

•••
novelty said:
So, there's no root access on myriadnetwork.com VDS plans?
I just asked it as from the definition of VDS one may conclude there's no root access in the plan.
a2hosting.com also provides it, but their VPS plans aren't managed
You would have full root access and the ability to install any Linux based software that you'd like. Please keep in mind, however, that the VPS systems are to be fully managed by you, the customer. There is no control panel installed by default.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back